Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this video showing they are starting. Looks like only the Pose N Stay Skelly so far but also some cute Nightmare Before Christmas animated stuff, for those who are into that.

I bought 2 of their Skellies last year when on sale. Only ones I saw out where eyes & chest were lit up blue. Target has the same in green this year & Sis pre-ordered those for me with her discount.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Oh good, someone else already started the Walgreens thread. My store put out the usual hanging Jack & Sally (Sally's got fairy lights in her yarn hair this year) and Lock, Shock, & Barrel are the exclusives this year.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Nothing wrong with The Nightmare Before Christmas, but Walgreens places too much emphasis on merchandise from the film, in my opinion. The chain has been a mere shell of its former self for years now and will likely be very disappointing in the actual Halloween department once more.
I remember when it used to be THE place everyone anticipated. Can't believe how quck and far they dropped.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I remember when it used to be THE place everyone anticipated. Can't believe how quck and far they dropped.
Exactly. Walgreens was one of the first to carry reasonably priced life-size skeletons before they became so prevalent. They had a good variety of large hanging props, which have now been replaced by ones practically all from a Disney film. There were always small decor pieces that cost very little. What the company's Halloween department has been reduced to is just disappointing as hell.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Nothing wrong with The Nightmare Before Christmas, but Walgreens places too much emphasis on merchandise from the film, in my opinion.
I feel like they're not the only ones - and not just about NMBC - more and more places are leaning heavily on licensed characters and less original stuff (looking at you, Spirit Halloween). It's unfortunate also because I feel like it just ends up making me sort of sick of certain movies/shows/characters. I loved NMBC but I'm sort of over it now, never in a million years would I ever have thought that could happen.

·
Registered
14,083 Posts
I picked up the hanging lock shock and barrel pretty cool
Hmm. Those are something to think about. I have Jack, Sally, Zero and Boogie and two of the NBC mask faces that I think I picked up from Spirit last year. Those guys might be nice to have as well. I doubt any of our stores have halloween in stock yet.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello, little pumpkin cat and not!Target birdies.
And that is one place I wanted to stop at on Fri. & didn't. Thanks for the pix...seeing multiple things I must see....Lanterns (I'm a sucker for many of them, especially shimmer material), that pumpkin on top (by the plastic in the face, appears might be flame effect instead of color change??), potion bottles look nice if they are cheap enough & look...that Kroger cat at $7.99 if I see it correctly.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Hmm. Those are something to think about. I have Jack, Sally, Zero and Boogie and two of the NBC mask faces that I think I picked up from Spirit last year. Those guys might be nice to have as well. I doubt any of our stores have halloween in stock yet.
Yeah I’ve been collecting all the hanging decorations there great it’s awesome that I basically have all of them now.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Found another video today from one of my favorite posters & shows some different stuff:

Saw that pumpkin in video & that is on the top shelf in Impy's pix & different colors than others I've seen...pink, purple, etc. & is very bright. Might have to add another to my ever growing collection. Lanterns have flame effect. Only 1 of 3 had Halloween out yesterday & the one that did had stuff on the top shelf in the food aisle.

In the videos, potion bottles are some of the better I've seen. Have to see the Skelly & tombstone water globe in person. Didn't hear a price on it either. I normally don't like them if they have glitter when there is a scene inside but the glitter seems to be very sparse.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Forgot to mention they had some different skelly animals & I know someone mentioned in another post about wanting to see new different ones. Video shows a swordfish; tail moves & has sound. Also a dragon.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Going back 15 years I loved walgreens halloween selection. The skulls that would bleed while playing music. Those were amazing. Walgreens has gotten so disappointing for halloween in the past decade.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Oh good, someone else already started the Walgreens thread. My store put out the usual hanging Jack & Sally (Sally's got fairy lights in her yarn hair this year) and Lock, Shock, & Barrel are the exclusives this year.
Oh man I was trying to not to buy too much stuff this year but now i neeed Lock Shock and Barrel!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts