Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
So I’m literally scouring these! Ok the skeleton and the wine bottle thing for 14.99 a potion bottle of poison would be excellent with him!

And there’s a unicorn horn for a pumpkin?!? Too cute. I actually crafted my own spider book and looking at that one I was like did someone make my book?

Thank you so much for sharing!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Ok, At the bottom of the first pic to the left of the skeleton dog, what is that? It looks like some kind of dragon skeleton, but it's hard to tell. It kind of mixes in with what looks like a skeleton snake to its left.
It is a dragon. They only had one. Wish I got better pics. I was in a hurry though. I was not expecting to see this stuff out yet. There was a cobra to the left. Slightly better pic:

·
Registered
24 Posts
It is a dragon. They only had one. Wish I got better pics. I was in a hurry though. I was not expecting to see this stuff out yet. There was a cobra to the left. Slightly better pic:

Oh no! I always have such a hard time finding things at Walgreens, but I think I may need to give that guy a home.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,702 Posts
I'm seeing some nice things, but surprised at items that look nearly identical to some of Target's recent offerings. That neon/LED bat light with the ornate base for instance looks like the one Target did last year. The little cauldron and skull with the succulent plants is also very Target.

And EVERYONE is apparently getting in on the "bunch of Hocus Pocus" thing. :D

May have to go look tho. I remember when Walgreens was one of the top leaders of cool little Halloween stuff.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
I'm seeing some nice things, but surprised at items that look nearly identical to some of Target's recent offerings. That neon/LED bat light with the ornate base for instance looks like the one Target did last year. The little cauldron and skull with the succulent plants is also very Target.

And EVERYONE is apparently getting in on the "bunch of Hocus Pocus" thing. :D

May have to go look tho. I remember when Walgreens was one of the top leaders of cool little Halloween stuff.
There does seem to be a lot of duplication these days. One store has something and the next year they all have it.

I guess same things catch the eyes of all the buyers for the different stores. It would be nice to have more variety, because I know there's stuff sitting in Chinese warehouses that none of us know about.

I used to really like Halloween Asylum because they went to the same shows as all the other online resellers but ordered different stuff, so they were the only ones that had a lot of things.

And I too really miss the days when Walgreens had something that was the 'must-have' item of the year. Heck, I still call all my skeletons Wallies.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'm seeing some nice things, but surprised at items that look nearly identical to some of Target's recent offerings. That neon/LED bat light with the ornate base for instance looks like the one Target did last year.
Close, but different enough to not be a blatant ripoff. The bat is thicker than Target's and the base is actually from a couple of potion bottles that CVS carried last year.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Time to stalk Walgreens. I like the spider potion bottle too.
Sorry, but I just posted that to show the base as being the same as the lighted bat that Walgreens has. The spider potion bottle was carried at CVS last year, along with a skull version that was a blend of yellow and red. If you have a CVS store that does do Halloween (I kid you not, neither of the closest, within a fifteen mile radius, carried a single thing last year), there is always a chance that they may offer them again this year.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Sorry, but I just posted that to show the base as being the same as the lighted bat that Walgreens has. The spider potion bottle was carried at CVS last year, along with a skull version that was a blend of yellow and red. If you have a CVS store that does do Halloween (I kid you not, neither of the closest, within a fifteen mile radius, carried a single thing last year), there is always a chance that they may offer them again this year.
Thanks for clarifying that. I didn't read your post right. I'll check CVS this year. We have 2 in town and they both had halloween last year. I bought 2 skellies at 75% off. I got lucky. Sorry yours didn't have anything.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Thanks for clarifying that. I didn't read your post right. I'll check CVS this year. We have 2 in town and they both had halloween last year. I bought 2 skellies at 75% off. I got lucky. Sorry yours didn't have anything.
No worries. My post probably was a little vague. That's good. Great deal on the skeletons.

Thanks. No explanation from corporate when I e-mailed, of course, and there is no phone number to call. I am not in some super religious area, so I really do not get the lack of Halloween love being shown by those CVS locations. The managers must hold a grudge against Samhain over not receiving a certain type of candy when they were young :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
I may need that dragon skellie. I have to go find one to get a good look at it. Time to stalk Walgreens. I like the spider potion bottle too.
I liked the dragon skelly pretty welll, its on the small side ( you can see that in the pic) but its eyes light up and it sceaches and its mouth "moves" 24.99 I think. I started to get it but not sure why I need it, is Halloween even about need though ??

·
Registered
166 Posts

View attachment 717949
Everything else aside, please tell me I'm not the only person who thinks that skull with the purple hood looks just like Skeletor.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts