Halloween Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Assuming there isn't more to come, I'll admit, I kind of hoped for a little more out of Walgreens this year for NMBC. I think all that I ended up getting was the Hanging Zero and the Oogie with Sax. Everything else was just too similar to what they've done in previous years, and even those 2 aren't that different from past dancing Oogies and the hanging Zero from Spirit... I guess I kind of figured for how diverse they've been in the past, there would be a greater effort on other characters (Lock Shock Barrel, Harlequin Demon, Hanging Tree...), especially for the big anniversary. I suppose it's offset by how much Party City and Spirit have done this year for Nightmare stuff, but... I don't know. I just kind of hoped for a little more out of Walgreens.

And seriously, who the hell buys journals? What year is this? I have no idea why so many places, especially Walgreens, seems to think the world needs a butt-ton of paper Nightmare journals...

·
Registered
185 Posts
I buy journals! But not at the price they ask because my Halloween money goes elsewhere. I did want one of the villains ones last year but it sold out as soon as I decided I'd just pay the full price. Ah well, more money for other things.

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Assuming there isn't more to come, I'll admit, I kind of hoped for a little more out of Walgreens this year for NMBC. I think all that I ended up getting was the Hanging Zero and the Oogie with Sax. Everything else was just too similar to what they've done in previous years, and even those 2 aren't that different from past dancing Oogies and the hanging Zero from Spirit... I guess I kind of figured for how diverse they've been in the past, there would be a greater effort on other characters (Lock Shock Barrel, Harlequin Demon, Hanging Tree...), especially for the big anniversary. I suppose it's offset by how much Party City and Spirit have done this year for Nightmare stuff, but... I don't know. I just kind of hoped for a little more out of Walgreens.

And seriously, who the hell buys journals? What year is this? I have no idea why so many places, especially Walgreens, seems to think the world needs a butt-ton of paper Nightmare journals...
I buy them and use for work

·
Registered
794 Posts
YES! i got my new plush figure! They have the mayor new for this year! Still waiting to see if they put out any new 12" figures. But I'm happy with the plush.
did you see the jack, oogie boogie and zero small plush’s. I don’t have the mayor ? I want it and the invisible man funko badly.

·
Registered
238 Posts
did you see the jack, oogie boogie and zero small plush’s. I don’t have the mayor ? I want it and the invisible man funko badly.
I went to WG today and only 1 had the plushes. There was 2 mayors a zero and some sallys. I grabbed the mayor as hes the one i dont have as hes new for this year. I havent seen any funcos yet

·
Registered
303 Posts
Ours are just starting to put stuff out. The set date for the one that gets the best selection is today, but they only have an NBC endcap and one side of an aisle complete, and that was mostly candy. Still, got the 2NBC pillows (they change pictures when you rub them... ) and the little Jason dances around trying to stab things to his theme music.

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
Ours are just starting to put stuff out. The set date for the one that gets the best selection is today, but they only have an NBC endcap and one side of an aisle complete, and that was mostly candy. Still, got the 2NBC pillows (they change pictures when you rub them... ) and the little Jason dances around trying to stab things to his theme music.
i really like those pillows, i might have to get them. Im tempted to get the dish towels as well.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,155 Posts
I'm a sucker for journals too. Mostly for shopping lists & stuff like that. I also tend to give them away too.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I went to Walgreens tonight and got an animated Zero. Hes so so adorable. Also a small hanging veiled ghost

·
Registered
572 Posts
I went to Walgreens last night and was quite disappointed with their decor selection (not much to pick from). They were down to one aisle of the Halloween merchandise, and over half was candy!

·
Registered
238 Posts
I went to Walgreens last night and was quite disappointed with their decor selection (not much to pick from). They were down to one aisle of the Halloween merchandise, and over half was candy!
Don't give up, they seem to add more as time goes on. I still hope they have more day of the dead style animals, maybe and owl or raven. And waiting to see if they release more 12" NBC figures...

·
Registered
572 Posts
Don't give up, they seem to add more as time goes on. I still hope they have more day of the dead style animals, maybe and owl or raven. And waiting to see if they release more 12" NBC figures...
I sure hope so! But yeah it isn't even October yet, so I will check back in later. ?

21 - 40 of 50 Posts