Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Nothing yet, but I keep checking every couple of days. And there's 3 Walgreens near me so I'm checking a lot. Crossing my fingers for a large Mayor hanging figure, some new Oogie stuff they haven't done before, and/ or other new characters (Lock/Shock/Barrel, Evil Scientist, The Hanging Tree...)

All I know is, I'm going to be spending a lot of money there in the next few weeks...

Assuming they don't just rehash everything...

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,125 Posts
Yeah, we don't start until the day after Labor Day now so a lot of stores are still stuck in BTS mode.

·
Registered
48 Posts
They haven't disappointed when it comes to Nightmare Before Christmas specific stuff the last couple years. Sure, there's a lot of reused stuff from years past, but given how limited and how popular it is, it works out for people who missed items. And, I've loved that they've introduced plenty of new characters and items each year, so I'm excited to see what they come up with this year.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Nothing but some candy here in Augusta. I asked the manager and he said that particular store only got candy last year. That’s ridiculous.

·
Registered
185 Posts
My Walgreens is mostly set, I think. I'm kind of hoping there's more actual decor coming because usually the makeup ends up elsewhere but as it is, it seems to be mostly skellies of different varieties, NBC stuff, some Harry Potter, DotD, makeup/glowsticks and then costume stuff.

I didn't get any fabulous pictures because I was trying to get the stuff that would interest a friend all while being hustled out the door. ;)

The WiC number for Jack and Sally is 776-434

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
im hoping they come out with more day of the dead animals this year. i really love my cat and dog that i got last year. and of course looking to see if they add a new nbc 12 figures and small plush dolls

Impy: i can see the dotd cat in your picture, did you notice any more animals?

·
Registered
185 Posts
They had another dog, I think with a veil? I don't remember anything beyond a cat and dog this year though, but I'll double check. I thought the cat was cute and if it's still there once I've built my points back up, I'll probably snag it to add to the kitty collection.

·
Registered
238 Posts
went to one of my walgreens that has just started clearing the shelves to make room for halloween, they only had candy so far. but the did have a floating isle display for harry potter stuff. there was not any items on it yet so im curious as to whats going in. any body else see this?

·
Registered
185 Posts
went to one of my walgreens that has just started clearing the shelves to make room for halloween, they only had candy so far. but the did have a floating isle display for harry potter stuff. there was not any items on it yet so im curious as to whats going in. any body else see this?
I'm guessing that like last year had Disney Villains and NBC, this year will be NBC and Harry Potter since they're both having anniversary years. All I've seen so far are a couple of travel coffee mugs, the sorting hat thing, and a whole bunch of LEGO figures. I can only hope/assume there's more coming but I haven't seen anything else yet.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Went to Walgreens yesterday looking for the 90% off summer stuff and they were just starting to set up the Halloween aisle. The manager looked so stressed and annoyed. I walked down the aisle to see what they had out so far and they had the hanging Jack's up on a high shelf and sitting next to the last one was one lone box turned backwards and I could juuuust barely see a smidge of white. I figured I shouldn't climb the shelves in front of the manager, so I asked him if he could please grab that box for me. He turned and huffed and grabbed it silently and placed ZERO into my awaiting arms! My collection is now complete!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts