Halloween Forum banner

221 - 240 of 288 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
I stopped by one Walgreens tonight on my way home from work and they had zero Halloween, just some candy which doesn't really count. I was a little disappointed but after running a couple errands I ended up near another Walgreens so I thought I'd give it another try and they had their NBC endcap out!! They had one Sally figurine left (no Jack) I also asked the cashier if they'll get more in and she thought they would!!

·
Registered
256 Posts
After going to several Walgreens I finally tracked down the Jack and Sally figurines. They had one of each left after I bought mine. A lot of people must really love collecting this stuff lol

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Does Walgreens ever do coupons like CVS does? I hate to pay full price for just about anything. they have a couple of things I like but they are 15+, which isn't bad but a coupon would be better.
I have their card but I don't have any points even though I have made several purchases so I don't think it does a whole lot of good.

·
Registered
13,781 Posts
Does Walgreens ever do coupons like CVS does? I hate to pay full price for just about anything. they have a couple of things I like but they are 15+, which isn't bad but a coupon would be better.
I have their card but I don't have any points even though I have made several purchases so I don't think it does a whole lot of good.

I'll be interested to see what people say on this. I can't recall anyone ever really discussing their rewards program and coupons like we do for CVS. The way I look at it, you pretty much have to be signed up for a card there in order to get the sale pricing. But then again CVS and RiteAid are like this too with their special advertised sale items.

I only got Walgreen's card last year I think, and never signed up for any emails that I remember (and haven't received any so that seems to jive). I did sign up for their Balance Rewards card because there was something on sale for halloween last year that I wanted and the reg. price and advertised sale price difference was enough to make me do so. That says a lot about the halloween things they've stocked more recently because I always use to find stuff there and now buy way more from CVS instead. Positive when I bought my Wallie skeletons the card program wasn't in play or you didn't need the card for the sale price (I have 6 Wallies I think and wouldn't have paid full price for them otherwise unless they swiped a "store" rewards card for me).

In any event once Walgreens started their Balance Rewards Card program, it seemed like any sale on halloween items required you to use your card in order to get the sale pricing ("as advertised with Card"). I figured they had my info already from prescriptions so signed up when I really wanted that sale item and didn't want to pay full price. Otherwise I don't shop there enough that I care or doubt I acquire enough points as a result to generate any rewards point dollars so for me its kind of a moot point.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I'll be interested to see what people say on this. I can't recall anyone ever really discussing their rewards program and coupons like we do for CVS. The way I look at it, you pretty much have to be signed up for a card there in order to get the sale pricing. But then again CVS and RiteAid are like this too with their special advertised sale items.

I only got Walgreen's card last year I think, and never signed up for any emails that I remember (and haven't received any so that seems to jive). I did sign up for their Balance Rewards card because there was something on sale for halloween last year that I wanted and the reg. price and advertised sale price difference was enough to make me do so. That says a lot about the halloween things they've stocked more recently because I always use to find stuff there and now buy way more from CVS instead. Positive when I bought my Wallie skeletons the card program wasn't in play or you didn't need the card for the sale price (I have 6 Wallies I think and wouldn't have paid full price for them otherwise unless they swiped a "store" rewards card for me).

In any event once Walgreens started their Balance Rewards Card program, it seemed like any sale on halloween items required you to use your card in order to get the sale pricing ("as advertised with Card"). I figured they had my info already from prescriptions so signed up when I really wanted that sale item and didn't want to pay full price. Otherwise I don't shop there enough that I care or doubt I acquire enough points as a result to generate any rewards point dollars so for me its kind of a moot point.
Yeah, I'm thinking I am going to either have to pay full price or wait until they put Halloween on sale and hope the items I want are still there. I don't think the points are worth much unless you shop there all the time. Like I said, I've made several purchases and it hasn't given me one single point. I checked to see what was up with that and it seems only certain things give you points and you have to accumlates 1000's of points to even get any type of walgreens "bucks". Maybe I'm not using my card to its full potential but like you I don't shop there much and don't really care except at halloween time of course.
Does anyone remember how long it takes them to start putting the Halloween on sale?

·
Registered
333 Posts
I believe someone created a thread last year on October 19th saying that Walgreens' Halloween was marked as 50% off.

Oh, hold on. That was clearance. WitchyKitty posted in last year's thread on September 25th that their skeletons were on sale. I would assume that would extend to all Halloween, but that could be incorrect.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here Walgreens is just now starting to have a limited amount of candt trickle out.

It's so under-whelming. It used to be where I live that as soon as back-to-school started the next sunday every store had their Halloween stuff out in full force. Now it's a slow trickle, and mostly bagged candy that's no longer marked as Halloween so they don't have to put it on clearance sale on November 1st.

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
Re: Walgreens points card

They don't have a coupon machine like CVS does, but occasionally you get decent coupons with receipts. I don't shop there very often myself, but we do get our scrips there, and that helps to accumulate points, although it is a very slow process, because it takes so many points to get a "buck" as was noted. The most that I have ever accumulated in a year is $5. They have changed their system to accommodate every prescription. It used to be if your scrip was free, you didn't get any points. Well, most of ours are free because they're generics. Now we get 100 points per free scrip.

I've had the Walgreens card for a few years, and it's really only been useful for non-Halloween purchases, IMO.

On the other hand, I rarely go into CVS except for Halloween (and one very recent scrip that we could never get filled at Walgreens!). So, I hardly ever rack up points at CVS (if they have points?). I've just used the card to check the coupon machine, and for non-Halloween purchases.

·
Registered
149 Posts
re: Walgreens sales and the card

Last year a good chunk of their stuff went on sale at some point during the season. If memory serves, it was usually either 25% off (Nightmare stuff went on this sale a lot) or buy one, get one halfsies. The smaller stuff would go for something like 3/$10 (maybe not that exact price, but you get the idea) and the larger, more expensive things would knock $10 off and usually throw points onto your card to be used later OR you'd get a register reward coupon for your next order.

As to the card, when they switched to giving everyone points on their prescriptions earlier this year, they also went to an everyday retail points system, meaning that you should be earning points on just about any purchase you make that isn't one of the usual exclusions (tobacco, dairy, gift cards). You should be getting 10 points per dollar before tax, except this week has a three day coupon that started Sunday where you spend $10, scan the coupon, and get 50 points per dollar on your purchase. It's not huge, but it does add up if you're buying stuff anyway. It's valid online, too, if you're doing your shopping that way. But it's only good through the 15th. If you're not getting the everyday retail points, you might call and see if they can fix your account since they've been advertising that up a storm.

And finally: if you link your account to an online account, you can clip coupons to your Rewards card so you don't have to worry about the cashier not scanning them or you forgetting them. But you can also earn points online for stuff like walking when you log your healthy activities. They do cap what you earn monthly, but it's a good way to build your points.

Oh, and if your account has your address (not email) on file, they do send coupons to people that way, too. That one seems to be more random than anything, but it's frequently stuff you'd buy anyway so this way you get an extra 1000 points or more on it.

Hopefully some of that helped?

·
Registered
269 Posts
My Walgreens STILL does not have Halloween stuff out...ugh!! And by the looks of the tiny area that has been cleared they're not putting much out :-(

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Some stuff at Walgreens!

I'm borrowing these pics because I'm too lazy to take new ones...thanks bella.
Just wanted to say that Walgreens has buy one get one half off on the things that are 14.99 and higher, like the skelly and pumpkin with candles , the witch , the light up skellly book , the pose and stay skellys and all the other life sized props they have. Also if you load a coupon on your card for it you get 5000 points for every 25.00 purchase, if you shop and walgreens often could help get you 10 walgreens bucks.

Well poo, it didn't include the pictures from spookybellas post when I quoted it....

walgreens 3.jpg walgreens2.jpg walgreens4.jpg walgreens 2015.jpg

221 - 240 of 288 Posts