Halloween Forum banner

201 - 220 of 288 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
I went to Walgreens today and the Oz isn't here yet. Sigh. But they took my number and hopefully will call me when it gets in. I just found out there's also a trick or treat bucket. If anyone happens to see the Oz set up and is able to snap a pic, I would so love one to put on my blog. I don't know when this stuff will show up in Oregon. I'm hoping this little line does really well and I'll see more Oz next year. The NBC stuff was really nice that I saw today. I want to see the same for Oz.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I went to Walgreens today and the Oz isn't here yet. Sigh. But they took my number and hopefully will call me when it gets in. I just found out there's also a trick or treat bucket. If anyone happens to see the Oz set up and is able to snap a pic, I would so love one to put on my blog. I don't know when this stuff will show up in Oregon. I'm hoping this little line does really well and I'll see more Oz next year. The NBC stuff was really nice that I saw today. I want to see the same for Oz.
How do you know they are getting OZ stuff?

·
Registered
13,768 Posts

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I don't know how much Oz stuff they are getting but I saw a few things in person today, couldn't really take a picture because I didn't have my phone but also it was on the top shelf. They had Oz mugs and an Oz snow globe with the house, Dorothy and Toto. It was pretty cute.

edited to add: I just looked at the plan photo posted on this thread and that is all that I saw at the store, the mugs are on the left , snow globe in the middle and travel mugs to the right. I can't remember if the house is inside the snow globe or on top, either the house or dorothy and toto were on the top of the actual globe part.

·
Registered
13,768 Posts
Stopped in Walgreens after lunch and they were in the process of clearing the shelves and starting with the halloween candy. Only thing to post right now, so here were some of my favorites.

The Extra "Seasonal Edition" Pumpkin Spice gum is very good. Comes in old fashioned size sticks and the flavor really lasts. Very juicy too.

Who doesn't look forward to the M&Ms capers at Halloween time. Hope they have new commercials this year.

Not a big chocolate fan anymore but I always look for these to come into Walgreens at Halloween time. OMG they are on sale for 25 cents! I hadn't even realized they had been stocked yet....and my favorite peanut topped apple caramel chocolate treat was almost gone! Made that a reality before someone else did! Yummmmm.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Walgreens started out kinda small with Nightmare Before Christmas and it's gradually grown over the past couple of years. I'm hoping Oz will do just as well. I'm dying to see if the Trick or Treat bucket is exclusive to Walgreens too. So happy to see things in stores, I can't tell ya!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Walgreens started out kinda small with Nightmare Before Christmas and it's gradually grown over the past couple of years. I'm hoping Oz will do just as well. I'm dying to see if the Trick or Treat bucket is exclusive to Walgreens too. So happy to see things in stores, I can't tell ya!
Oz items? I haven't heard about them.

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
Have you all seen the "tealights" that Hallmark is carrying this year? Our Walgreens has them. One has a thunder sound clip, and one has a "graveyard" sound clip. Then they have a metal luminary "front" house (I don't know what they're really called, it's not a bag style luminary, it's a single panel tea light holder)...it comes with a tealight that has a witch's cackle.

They don't look like tealights though, they look like solid-topped game show buzzers that light up. ;) I thought that I snapped a photo, but apparently my camera did not cooperate! The lights by themselves are $4.99, and I can't remember the price of the metal house fronts, sorry.

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
FINALLY. Bought Sally last night at the first Walgreens I stopped at. They had just put her out. The sales associate laughed and said I couldn't just buy her, I need to get Jack too. I would have but bought him a couple years ago. The paint around the lips is a bit rough, not bad, but I'll have to clean it up a bit. Also stopped into Wal Mart and grabbed some red yarn for the hair upgrade.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I found Skeletons at Walgreens and Home Depot

So I have found some props in retail stores in the Oklahoma area. Walgreens has poseable Skellys for $40, and skulls for $5. And Home Depot has them $30. Home Depot's has LED red eyes. But they are also Poseable and they had two pack skulls for $5.88. Not bad. I wanted to share before they all gone. Happy Halloween and good luck shopping.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
My finds for today

I went to Walgreen's today, got a jack and oogie pillow and a zero and jack/sally snow globe. If anyone finds a oogie boogie snow globe please keep me in mind, apparently my city doesn't have them :/ I've checked every Walgreen's. I found the 5ft jack and sally at one, however sadly they were so scratched up and Sally's face was stained all red from her hair :/

·
Registered
13,768 Posts
I went to Walgreen's today, got a jack and oogie pillow and a zero and jack/sally snow globe. If anyone finds a oogie boogie snow globe please keep me in mind, apparently my city doesn't have them :/ I've checked every Walgreen's. I found the 5ft jack and sally at one, however sadly they were so scratched up and Sally's face was stained all red from her hair :/

The condition of the Sally hanging prop sounds kind of typical from what I experienced with the two I found and from photos of ones people here picked up. The red can be cleaned off I bet, i have a bit of smudging on mine but haven't attempted it yet, and most people are just replacing her handlebar streamer hair with red yarn. The paint on the two I had picked up was chipped in different places on each. Paint doesn't adhere well to plastic as many haunters here already know. People will touch up. Sad to say this is what you can probably expect or expect over time to happen to one you buy. If you passed up on a Jack and Sally hanging couple you may not find them again unless on e bay for tons more, and probably chipped, smudged or repaired too. Since these are official Disney props and only so many of them are being sold at all, I think you passed up on something most here would have bought anyway. Good luck finding another pair if you are looking for them still.

·
Registered
13,768 Posts
Been hunting a oogie hanger too...no luck
Two managers from different Walgreens said that only Jacks and a Sally are shipping this year. Unless you find a store that miraculously had one accidentally left over and forgotten about from last year when Jacks and Oogie shipped, best bet is to look for a member here who bought an extra and willing to sell and ship to you (post your request under the Wanted to Buy section of the forum) or through e bay but guaranteed sellers there will want a fortune for him. Suppose it's possible that Walgreens if they go NBC next year too may bring back Oogie but I wouldn't count on it if you really want him.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The condition of the Sally hanging prop sounds kind of typical from what I experienced with the two I found and from photos of ones people here picked up. The red can be cleaned off I bet, i have a bit of smudging on mine but haven't attempted it yet, and most people are just replacing her handlebar streamer hair with red yarn. The paint on the two I had picked up was chipped in different places on each. Paint doesn't adhere well to plastic as many haunters here already know. People will touch up. Sad to say this is what you can probably expect or expect over time to happen to one you buy. If you passed up on a Jack and Sally hanging couple you may not find them again unless on e bay for tons more, and probably chipped, smudged or repaired too. Since these are official Disney props and only so many of them are being sold at all, I think you passed up on something most here would have bought anyway. Good luck finding another pair if you are looking for them still.
I understand what you're saying, however I am a nursing student with limited funds. I really don't have $50 to blow to turn around and spend more :/ I wish.

201 - 220 of 288 Posts