Halloween Forum banner

181 - 200 of 288 Posts

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Found my Sally today, was in a different part of town for work and passed a Walgreens, did a U turn and there she was BUT I have to say she's sort of a hot mess !! Here hair is bad but seems worse than some of the others people posted, it doesn't even cover the back of her head. I'm going to replace it with yarn but still for 25 bucks they could have done a bit better. They had a Jack as well and the one I got year before last is made a little better , so is the larger stuffed Jack I got that same year, his clothes are made of a much better material ( this year is very cheap but they went up in price)
Oh well I bought my ratchet Sally anyway, just in case i never come across another one. The cashier said " I knew these would go fast" I asked when they put her out and she said about an hour ago. lol so I had perfect timing.

·
The Squirrel Whisperer
1,157 Posts
Thank you so much!!!! Love the pics! I'm definitely curious about the skull inside the book, and the evil scarecrow.
The skull inside the book is a pretty cool looking prop. We were contemplating on buying it (and both the candle on the skull and candle on the pumpkin), but ultimately decided against it since we only have so much space for items of that nature.

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Glad to see so many of you finding Sallys! I like the description of her hair as being like bicycle handlebar streamers! LOL. The best I came up with was plastic Easter basket filler but the bicycle comparison is right on.

Thanks for the planograms. I haven't been back in my stores yet knowing they said halloween wouldn't get set up probably until later this week or next. Not really seeing anything off hand that I don't already have that peeks my interest. Looks like everyone ordered the flickering string lights this year. I'll still make a trip or two in to see things in person.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Glad to see so many of you finding Sallys! I like the description of her hair as being like bicycle handlebar streamers! LOL. The best I came up with was plastic Easter basket filler but the bicycle comparison is right on.

Thanks for the planograms. I haven't been back in my stores yet knowing they said halloween wouldn't get set up probably until later this week or next. Not really seeing anything off hand that I don't already have that peeks my interest. Looks like everyone ordered the flickering string lights this year. I'll still make a trip or two in to see things in person.
I believe the flickering string lights were either $14.99 or $15.99 at this Walgreens, so they are cheaper at Big Lots. I failed to mention that I also found a Sally at this store. They had 2 Jacks and 1 Sally. It's a small Walgreens right down the street. I went to 3 other Walgreens looking for her before I went to that one because they never have anything and are always late putting seasonal items out. Oops.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I got my Sally tonight. I went to the store closest to me, they had candy out but no decorations.
I asked if I could get numbers to call other stores instead of driving all over, while I was calling
A manager went into the back and came out with a Sally for me! So nice of her to actually go look
In boxes for me. I'm just happy to have her!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Forgive me if these have already been posted but wanted to share photos of the figurines every one is talking about, as spotted at my local WG...

View attachment 252560

No life size characters, but an associate said they had "tons" more Halloween stuff that hadn't come out yet. My guess, is they are holding on to the large dolls until later in the season, since they have noticed they tend to get bought up before the season "officially" "begins" (in quotes since my season starts Aug 1!!) He also said the rest of Halloween will be put up over the next few weeks...mid sept at the latest.

They did however also have an end cap of day of the dead decor... Again, forgive me if its been posted already!

View attachment 252563

PS! Can anyone help me solve the mystery of sideways pics??? :)
I really hope I can find this Day of the Dead wreath in PR! No Walgreens have started stocking up yet...hopefully, if I don't find it here, I'll find it in New Mexico when I visit in late September?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Those big light-up skulls...they've been haunting me for 3 years. I always wait for the sales, the clerks tell me that they are going to go on deeper sale so I should wait, and then I end up with no skulls. 8( I'm biting the bullet and getting one as soon as I see it this year.

·
Registered
123 Posts
After hearing about this year's NBC merchandise, I checked out Walgreens and was surprised to see they had the NBC endcap set up. They had 2 life-sized Jacks and one Sally, but no figurines, which is what I really wanted. I checked 3 other Walgreens today and none of them had anything but candy out. The 4th store I checked had the NBC endcap up, and one of each figurines. I was so happy, until I got home and noticed a big chip in the cat and back of Sally's leg. I decided to run out to the 5th Walgreens in town, hoping they'd have a Sally I could exchange. To my surprise, not only did they have 2 of each figurine (along w 2 life sized Jacks and one Sally), they had all the Halloween stuff out. I guess I should have started at that Walgreens! lol I'm so happy to get a set of figurines. I might go back for a life sized Jack and Sally. I could never find Jack or Oogie last year.

image.jpg

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
After hearing about this year's NBC merchandise, I checked out Walgreens and was surprised to see they had the NBC endcap set up. They had 2 life-sized Jacks and one Sally, but no figurines, which is what I really wanted. I checked 3 other Walgreens today and none of them had anything but candy out. The 4th store I checked had the NBC endcap up, and one of each figurines. I was so happy, until I got home and noticed a big chip in the cat and back of Sally's leg. I decided to run out to the 5th Walgreens in town, hoping they'd have a Sally I could exchange. To my surprise, not only did they have 2 of each figurine (along w 2 life sized Jacks and one Sally), they had all the Halloween stuff out. I guess I should have started at that Walgreens! lol I'm so happy to get a set of figurines. I might go back for a life sized Jack and Sally. I could never find Jack or Oogie last year.

MGOBLUENIK, if you even remotely think you want Sally and Jack, I would strongly suggest calling the stores you saw them in and see if they are still there and if they will hold it for you and pick up the same day. Otherwise you will regret passing on 2 places with them. Seriously. They will get bought.

·
Registered
605 Posts
WIZARD OF OZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know where I'm off to tomorrow.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I finally found Sally! I had the opportunity in the past to get Jack, but didn't want just him so I passed. When I saw that Sally was available this year I had to have the pair. Three days ago I checked a local Walgreens looking for Sally and they had two Jacks. I decided I'd wait, went back yesterday to check for Sally again and they only had one Jack. I decided I better get him while I could so I bought him. I had to hit up five different Walgreens but I finally got Sally today also! I passed on Oogie Boogie last year, thought he looked awfully cheap and wasn't worth it with material so thin you can see through it. While both Jack and Sally aren't the top-of-the-line props, I can work with them and improve what I've got. I plan on inserting metal rods and thin foam noodles into the legs so that they can be posed instead of just hanging there. And as Mike and Tiff did, I will definitely perform a hair transplant on Sally and replace the plastic Easter grass hairdo with more appropriate locks of yarn.

Everyone that has Walgreen managers/employees willing to go and look in the back are lucky. I asked at three of the four Walgreens that didn't have her out and none of them could be bothered to look for her. I don't know if they couldn't or wouldn't, either way I left empty handed. When I asked when all of their Halloween merchandise will be out they all said the same thing, "When the school supplies are gone". When will that be? "I don't know". Gee, thanks for your assistance.

Has anyone seen what these NBC characters are being sold for on eBay? Made me wish I had bought the other four Sallys they had so I could triple or quadruple my money on each one. Just kidding, they only had one and she's mine.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I finally found Sally! I had the opportunity in the past to get Jack, but didn't want just him so I passed. When I saw that Sally was available this year I had to have the pair. Three days ago I checked a local Walgreens looking for Sally and they had two Jacks. I decided I'd wait, went back yesterday to check for Sally again and they only had one Jack. I decided I better get him while I could so I bought him. I had to hit up five different Walgreens but I finally got Sally today also! I passed on Oogie Boogie last year, thought he looked awfully cheap and wasn't worth it with material so thin you can see through it. While both Jack and Sally aren't the top-of-the-line props, I can work with them and improve what I've got. I plan on inserting metal rods and thin foam noodles into the legs so that they can be posed instead of just hanging there. And as Mike and Tiff did, I will definitely perform a hair transplant on Sally and replace the plastic Easter grass hairdo with more appropriate locks of yarn.

Everyone that has Walgreen managers/employees willing to go and look in the back are lucky. I asked at three of the four Walgreens that didn't have her out and none of them could be bothered to look for her. I don't know if they couldn't or wouldn't, either way I left empty handed. When I asked when all of their Halloween merchandise will be out they all said the same thing, "When the school supplies are gone". When will that be? "I don't know". Gee, thanks for your assistance.

Has anyone seen what these NBC characters are being sold for on eBay? Made me wish I had bought the other four Sallys they had so I could triple or quadruple my money on each one. Just kidding, they only had one and she's mine.
We use PVC in his legs for our Jack so we could pose him in the yard. I'm not sure how to make sally stand up on her own since her legs are stuffed and don't go all the way up (hanging by strange straps). I would like to see what others come up with for her to stand on her own.

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,008 Posts
Another FYI for everyone. sally's stockings are probably running under her socks, they are on both the ones I bought, so I put fray check on all the runs and all around the bottom where the stocking are glued to the shoes to keep it from running more.
View attachment 253443
thanks for letting us know :)

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
This probably wouldn't work for everyone, but one possible way to have Sally, Jack, etc stand in your yard would be to use one of those shepard hooks if you can anchor in the ground and hang the prop off of that. They come in various heights so you can probably find one that will let her feet rest on the ground and the vertical pole would be behind the prop. Depending how you light at night you could probably make the black hook kind of disappear into the night. Just a thought since they are hanging props.

181 - 200 of 288 Posts