Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 289 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i thought id start up a walgreens thread, its too early for them but we just got TWO new walgreens, they bought out another chain that are within a mile of us...omg!!! i dont have to drive far to stalk them...lol......they had great black candle/item holders last year different heights..and the jack skellington items.....so i'll keep an eye on them, they were around or right after labor day last year getting going.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I wish they would have their original plastic hanging skeletons back again for $19.99. Last year, in our area, they only had the posable one that was closer to $50. I have one of the originals, but I was hoping for 2. Maybe they'll be back this time.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
boobird, i might have an extra full size jack, ask me into august, i think i do if you would like to buy him if they dont have them this year. he wasnt very expensive..

i really loved the carved wooden black crows and those black pillars, i used those pillars everywhere and want more...lol

·
Registered
155 Posts
boobird, i might have an extra full size jack, ask me into august, i think i do if you would like to buy him if they dont have them this year. he wasnt very expensive..

i really loved the carved wooden black crows and those black pillars, i used those pillars everywhere and want more...lol

thanks!! I will let you know!!

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
I wasn't able to get the Jack last year, but an aquaintance did sell one to me. Which was very nice of them.
I too hope they carry him again this year. :)

10450748_734212516624814_7019094760773849798_n.jpg

I just made a big pumpkin for Jack to sit on in a little whimsical cemetery scene I hope to do this year.

016.jpg

·
Registered
159 Posts
I hope they have Jack too... I missed out and only get across the border so often. If anyone has an extra they are willing to sell I would be very interested as I have a mail box in Niagara Falls NY that it can be sent to.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh how cute, ok hilda, howd you make that pumpkin....lots of us want to know....thats just great!!

I wasn't able to get the Jack last year, but an aquaintance did sell one to me. Which was very nice of them.
I too hope they carry him again this year. :)

View attachment 204378

I just made a big pumpkin for Jack to sit on in a little whimsical cemetery scene I hope to do this year.

View attachment 204379

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
It would be nice if they had some good Nightmare Before Christmas stuff this year, but I was under the impression that last year's haul was due to the anniversary of the movie's release.

I didn't get a full sized Jack, either. A friend of mine offered to pick one up for me, but I just didn't have the extra cash at the time, so I told her thanks, but I couldn't. :/

Were their "original" skeletons the Blucky type, or like the $50 but not poseable? I have a Blucky type from Osco Drugs 1995 or so, who was sold under the name "Mr. Bones".

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
oh how cute, ok hilda, howd you make that pumpkin....lots of us want to know....thats just great!!
Thank you! Well, I can tell you how I made the pumpkin BUT I used some wrong product on it, and now I'm having problems with it cracking. So I would not recommend what I did to anyone. I used Great Stuff spray foam insulation over a blowmold pumpkin. However, I got hung up half way through and did the wrong thing to finish it off. I want to make a new one next year and try a different way to build it. This photo was taken the day I had just painted it before the cracking appeared. It's all hairline cracks so I am fairly sure at night, in a dark cemetery, it will look fine for this Halloween (I hope)... but either this one needs a makeover, or I'll start again. LOL
You live and you learn. Right?!?!?! :)

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,008 Posts
I look forward to seeing what they have this year and NBC stuff again would be great I got 2 of there jacks and there big bows with jack heads on them last year.
but I wonder if they just had all that cause it was the anniversary of the move. hope they do have more

·
Registered
117 Posts
I"m starting to think my local Walgreens suck. I have one right up the road from me and we have no good garden stuff (as was mentioned in another thread) and if I'd seen that Jack I would have snatched him up. I'm in there enough to know. I guess I'll have to scout out a bunch of walgreens now. Poop.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't know about checking them this early....they were slow last year getting it all out, after labor day and all the school items were thinned out...they put out some in a trickle here, then it came out about a week after labor day....drove me nuts.......we have two new ones right by us now, i'll keep a close eye on them running to the grocery store...hehe

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
(I already posted this in the DT thread, but I think it deserves a second mention here.)

I have a bit of a rubber bat addiction. I cannot walk pass a display of bats without grabbing a pair. I need help.

Anyhoo... The pair in the back of this photo are Dollar Tree bats. The pair on the left were from Walgreens last year and were $1.49. I have no idea if they will carry them, how much they would be this year, or how many they would even stock... but the Walgreens bats rock because they are so realistic that they compare to the $8 bats from Michaels toy section (pair on right).

I just wanted to share this here, in case they carry them again. I think they are great for how inexpensive they are.

003.JPG

1 - 20 of 289 Posts