Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Wal-Mart here in Central Indiana has brought out some of the Halloween stuff. Some groundbreakers, lights, strobes, pumpkins and other stuff. Not alot but it's an attention getter. Costumes and masks aren't out yet and I am sure more decorations are to come ( i hope)

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ish! I'm jealous! My Wal-Mart never has Skeletons! Not life size anyways.....Mari, hopefully they will soon ;)

·
Registered
625 Posts
We should have a sticky topic for Wal-Mart because it always happens: Wal-Mart Halloween Stinks - 2009 / 2010 / 2011 / 2012 / 2013

F

·
0 Posts
I think our Walmart is still school stuff. BLAH. I can expect it to remain for the next two weeks at the least. School starts Monday here so I hope maybe for once they put up the B2S section (because can't you find that in the general supply aisle?) and put up some Halloween stuff. They don't even have candy out yet. hmph.

I did see this cool Fall Scarecrow mum holder out in the garden section. That is the only thing so far I have seen even with Fall items at Walmart.

F

·
0 Posts
they wont, not till like mid october. the walmart here sucks lol.
It does seem like that!

and I don't know about your store..but it seems as soon as they put up Halloween..not even a week later...MID OCTOBER, they also put up the Christmas stuff which is always larger than the Halloween selection.

·
Banned
2,717 Posts
Wal-Mart here always puts out Halloween late. I don't expect to see it out until at least the last week of September or so. It also seems that a lot of places are late in putting out Halloween this year.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think that ours starts getting a Christmas aisle first....sheesh! When I worked at Wally World in the 90s, garden center, we used to get Christmas boxes to store in the back starting the last week in July. Crazy. Maybe I might do a run on the way home to see. Still a lot of back to school.........

·
Resident Potterhead
1,972 Posts
It does seem like that!

and I don't know about your store..but it seems as soon as they put up Halloween..not even a week later...MID OCTOBER, they also put up the Christmas stuff which is always larger than the Halloween selection.
yup the walmart here dedicates maybe 2 or 3 half aisles to halloween, though last year was better than the previous year. they only had one side and then another half of the opposite side stocked with halloween and almost all of it was baking stuff, no decorations except candy bowls and a few stickers. last year i think we got at least 2 full aisles and then the outside half as well dedicated to halloween wax warmers and then the walmart scentsy bricks. but they didnt set up till at least the first week of october and then christmas was set up just a few aisles down and they had about 4 or 5 full aisles of dorm room decorations.... so it was all miniature form. christmas and halloween at the walmart closest to me is pretty lame. i guess they like to send the older folks down the road to buy new christmas stuff.

·
Protector of the winged
1,491 Posts
Nothing at two Walmarts I've been to in the last couple of days. Well, there was an end cap of Halloween cards and stickers. Plus, the fall scents are coming out too. But, so far nothing significant. Lowe's, Fred Meyer and Target so far have nothing. The Spirit store isn't even open yet. There are a few things in the Dollar stores though... so, there's that. I'm very disappointed in our stores here this year. Seems like Idaho stores are celebrating Halloween less and less. :mad:

·
Registered
13,763 Posts
Stopped in Walmart today and pretty much as expected nothing being set up yet. I did see some fall scarecrows and fall wreaths. Believe me if this year is like last year my store will wait until the very last minute that corporate gives the stores for the time to set up halloween displays. I hope they get stuck with their school supplies. They have aisles and aisles of it and I don't think kids need all this stuff any more when they go to school. Should be interesting to see how much of it is still on the shelves in a few weeks.

Last year by the time they put halloween out I had bought all the stuff I needed so didn't even buy anything from them.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Stopped at Wal-Mart last night, little bit set up. Found a really nice Crystal Ball mister, looks like it is held by dragin claws. They only had 2 on the floor. It looks like they are also selling the mist contraption separately this year for less of a price if you want to make your own contraption.

·
Ridin' The Storm Out
1,076 Posts
I work at my local Walmart, and as of Monday (when I worked last), they only had candy out. I'll go and look again on my break today, but I'm not holding my breath. They'll have Christmas out before Halloween, I bet, just like last year. (Seriously. September 12 and they had the artificial Christmas trees on display in Lawn & Garden. SEPTEMBER 12.)

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
My Wal-Mart has a pretty decent selection this year, or it could be that I am just so ready to see any Halloween at all that it doesn't take much. ;)
I kinda like the bride and groom groundbreakers, although the led eyes are pretty silly looking, imo. I still may get them, I don't know.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Good freaking grief, they are still taking their sweet time getting stuff out. It looked like this for over a week!!! I was so pissed I took a picture of how crappy they left it for days and days.....

CAM00166.jpg

CAM00167.jpg

Seriously pathetic.

This is about all they have at the moment, with some more makeup and endcaps with other items, but I need more, NOW.

CAM00168.jpg

CAM00169.jpg

1 - 20 of 52 Posts