Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Most Wal-Marts that I've seen won't usually get in/put out any Halloween stuff until after the "Back To School" stuff is put away. I can't wait to see what they're going to have this year!

·
Registered
163 Posts
I asked just the other day and the guy said "soon." Not sure what "soon" was in his mind, but probably not soon enough for me!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hey. I work at Wal-Mart as part of my "wonderfully joyous" college job, but I know that we are putting up fall festival/harvest stuff starting this week and that it'll be the week after next when we start putting up our Halloween stuff.

·
Girl Gone Mad
1,638 Posts
My Mom works at Wal-mart...she said they are only putting up some of the clothes right now but she would let me know when they start putting it out or if she hears something about it.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
I would think that Labor Day weekend is when everyone will flood the shelves with Halloween. Our schools start next week, so that give them two weeks to purge the school supplies and backpacks

·
Registered
487 Posts
I haven't seen anything at my walrmart yet =( i went to the dollar store this morning and they don't have there Halloween stuff out yet but the sure do have there Christmas stuff out already... i mean seriously how dumb!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I call this "The Walmart Wait."

Walmart buys in such volume, that the Gemmys they have are always cheaper ... by alot. But, which Gemmys will they really sell? Even the Walmart.com site is not always accurate.

So we wait ... run the risk that the Gemmy you want will sell out elsewhere and then won't be available from Walmart. :rolleyes:

Last year waiting paid off everywhere. Lots of sales and markdowns because of the depressed demand. Might be similar situation this year.

·
The Goddess of Screams
518 Posts
I haven't seen much in WM yet either.

However, I hit Dollar Tree Friday, as I was having a luau at my house this past weekend and stopped for luau stuffs....ANYWAY, I came around the corner, and ya'll...if anyone had seen the look on my face, they'd probably thought I was having a heart attack - or was going to need a cigarette ;) !!!

The Halloween truck had just been there that afternoon, and they had full stock of all their stuff!!! I spent $83. That means, I bought 80 Halloween items. LMAO oh, I was in heaven. I thought of you all here! :D

Bev

·
Grand Poobah
2,897 Posts
Goto the garden center and look for boxes with HW/purple on them. You can at least get a flavor for what will be put out.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Sorry 13mummy, that's one thing about Wal-Mart...although it is the same company, different stores have different prices and do things at different times... even within our small 12 store region it's a different world from walmart to walmart

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Does anyone know when Wal-mart is getting there stuff in? I've been out of town for a week, so forgive me if this has been asked already.
I already got some great deals from Walmart.com
Go to this link:
(search under (Seasonal))
Search results for seasonal - Walmart

19.00 and this one is 29.00 at Micheals Art stores

AND YOU GET FREE SHIPPING FROM SIGHT TO STORE!!!

·
Ghouls Rule
2,612 Posts
TNBRAD, I really want to buy the skelly in a cage, but I keep thinking he will somehow looks really cheap and balk at the price. Im guessing its so high because he has a mic feature. Do you have personal pics of yours we may see? Also, the reaper with lantern is another I was really wanting but fear he too would look cheap. Pics of these would be awesome if you have 'em. :3

·
Registered
227 Posts
I haven't seen much in WM yet either.

However, I hit Dollar Tree Friday, as I was having a luau at my house this past weekend and stopped for luau stuffs....ANYWAY, I came around the corner, and ya'll...if anyone had seen the look on my face, they'd probably thought I was having a heart attack - or was going to need a cigarette ;) !!!

The Halloween truck had just been there that afternoon, and they had full stock of all their stuff!!! I spent $83. That means, I bought 80 Halloween items. LMAO oh, I was in heaven. I thought of you all here! :D

Bev
I dont know you Bev, but...I love you.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts