Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shopping in a Safeway grocery store the other day and spotted this Death Wish Coffee Co brand of coffee. Came in ground, whole bean or pods. Love the packaging. Anyone try this to judge how it tastes? I'd almost buy it just to save the packaging for halloween use.

I see from the internet that Walmart also carries it in the 16 oz bag whole bean, 5 lb bag ground, and K-cups. Prices for the 16 oz are a little less expensive than the grocery store pricing.

·
Registered
628 Posts
That company is local to me. They won a contest for a short spot on last years Superbowl. There was a newspaper article recently about the impact of the ad on how their business has grown. I have never tried it. Cheap coffee is fine by me.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
That's pretty much the only coffee I drink anymore. It's strong but tastes smooth and not at all bitter, (unless you make it in a french press, don't do that).

We brew ours in a chemex with the metal filter. Perfection.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Many years ago I was given this bag of coffee now situated in front of me as I type. DEADMAN'S REACH Coffee-Ravens Brew
"Served in bed-Raises the Dead!" reading the fine print (for the first time)"Deadman's reach" is an actual book and this product seems to be helping to advertise it?
The entire bag is covered by small print specializing in some fantastic ideas, (Almost Poetry?)
A year or two ago I showed this to someone coming through my house and they said it is made in Alaska?
Nice artwork on the bag too, of, of course a skeleton with some coffee.

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,276 Posts
Mmmm... Looks tempting! Oddly enough, I haven't made a pot of coffee all winter. Of course, I drank the most while I was working on paper mâché projects and I haven't tackled anything for months now. :(

If I see it and have enough in the grocery fund, I'll likely grab a bag. :)

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
That's pretty much the only coffee I drink anymore. It's strong but tastes smooth and not at all bitter, (unless you make it in a french press, don't do that).
Hmmm. Sounds good. I love strong- but not bitter- coffee. I buy whole bean Mayorga Café Cubano dark roast. Looks like Death Wish might be something to try.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts