Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started a project for a haunt scene I will be putting together in August. I need two skeleton wall sconces, and am attempting to make them from scratch. I have more pictures of the progress on my blog,

They are basically wire, foam, masking tape and cardboard so far....

(my pictures are sideways and I can't for the life of me figure out how to fix them right now....)

Attachments

·
The Cackling Cauldron
1,320 Posts
Thanks Ice456789 I'm just getting back into it all again, including the blog. :)
OK, I want to take lessons!!! You have just some awesome stuff and your creativity is truly an inspiration. I can't wait to see the rest of this haunt get set up.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do you mind my asking what kind of paper clay you use? Do you mix up your own or is it a packaged product?
This time around it's just store bought dry mache mix, which is a first for me. I didn't have the patience to make it, just wanted to come home after work and get at it so I stopped at the craft store and bought some. Though I've in the past always made my own. I don't see any difference in consistency between store bought and my homemade stuff though.

·
The Cackling Cauldron
1,320 Posts
Skeletons have arms and hands, tomorrow I will make them some skulls, and then I need to decide if I am going to leave them as bones or corpse them a little bit. Still undecided on that part..

View attachment 281635
Either way would look awesome I think. I would just go with what ever is going to bit best with the theme/atmosphere of the space. These are so cool to see and I love watching the progress of your built DeadSpider. Can't wait to see the rest!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts