Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Ya, I got the same surprise when I went to load my audio file in VSA 4 on my old laptop and it wouldn't work. Seems they upgraded the program and it no longer supports 98. Am getting an upgrade now. Last version supported it, but not anymore. Unfortunate since a lot of us like to use older computers to run stuff, but I guess technology marches on.

Don

·
You Rang?
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update, well I went ahead and downloaded the demo program on to the laptop and after a lot of trial and error (learning curve) I got it to turn on and off all 8 relays on the kit 74 board.

The "offical" version of VSA is the same as the demo except the save and import/export functions are enabled so it the demo works so should the real thing.

Now I am not running any thing complex or in great detail and most likely I'm not using a lot of the VSA options, so I can't say if every thing works or not.

Frosty, I just want to use the computer because its available, portable, I don't have to drag my desk top out side, don't have to spend alot of $$$ on a new one and if it gets damaged I'm upset but not left high and dry....Quick sherman to the way back machine...Time Marches On

·
The Evil Apparitionist
555 Posts
Update, well I went ahead and downloaded the demo program on to the laptop and after a lot of trial and error (learning curve) I got it to turn on and off all 8 relays on the kit 74 board.

The "offical" version of VSA is the same as the demo except the save and import/export functions are enabled so it the demo works so should the real thing.

Now I am not running any thing complex or in great detail and most likely I'm not using a lot of the VSA options, so I can't say if every thing works or not.

Frosty, I just want to use the computer because its available, portable, I don't have to drag my desk top out side, don't have to spend alot of $$$ on a new one and if it gets damaged I'm upset but not left high and dry....Quick sherman to the way back machine...Time Marches On
Same here. It runs fine on an old Toshiba laptop running Windoze 98 Second Edition. Running Vixen there too using Vixen's App Launcher plug-in to control VSA.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I'm running VSA 4.0 on an old Compaq laptop with Win 98. My problem was finding a version of DirectX 9.0c that supported Windows 98. Microsoft dropped Directx support for Windows 98 a while back. I had to search a little on their website to find a copy that would install. After that, I had no problems at all/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts