Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I keep getting an error in VSA that says "The handle is invalid". Does anybody know what that means and/or how to resolve it?
Thanks.

·
What Hump?
1,107 Posts
It would help to have a little more context and know under what circumstances that error is occurring.

That error usually happens when a program cannot find and open a file because the file is not there, or there is a file permission problem, or the file is using an invalid name (reserved keyword).

Is it possible that an audio file that should be part of your VSA project was moved, deleted, or renamed?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think its because im trying to run VSA v4.0 on Windows 98. But im going to upgrade it to Windows 2000 and see if that fixes it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The problem was the Operating System. Once I Upgrade to Windows 2000, that fixed everything.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The error I get is "Windows reported the following error while attempting to cancell0 on communication port 3:
The handle is invalid.
VSA operation will continue without communication port access.
Resolve the error and restart VSA."

Im using VSA v4.0 on Windows 98SE, I have all the drivers installed for the Propellor servo controllers that im using. And I have the baud rate set at: 38400.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts