Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So everything is completed the servos work flawlessly, the tracks are set...HOWEVER, my party is about to start and I loop everything but it only plays the sound track once! The actions set continue over and over but no sound after the first run. What's happening???

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well that answered my question, I was running 4.0 and forgot to update before the shindig. Needless to say everything worked via a keyboard and everyone was thoroughly impressed with the digs, I should have photos and video posted soon. Thanks again for listening to my last minute beer induced freak out and offering help.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I'm having lots of VSA 4.0 problems as well. Here's my top 10 list:

10. If you drag the end timeline marker too far out, the program crashes. (Not consistant. Somewhere around 3-4 minutes most times.)

9. Dragging timeline markers a lot seems to cause a memory leak, or maybe just slow garbage cleanup. May be the cause of #10.

8. Audio doesn't loop.

7. Sometimes events start a second after the audio, sometimes (much more often) it's the other way around. Not consistant delays either. MP3's seem to have more of a sound lagging events problem than WAV's.

6. Sometimes playback will start at the beginning, even though timeline markers are set and I'm pressing "Play From."

5. SV203 Relay events sometimes revert to SV203 Servo events in the middle of playback. (Could be my SV203 board. I haven't watched the events being put out.) More often, after playback is finished and the program is idle for a few minutes, my relay channel will start acting like a servo again. Nothing like trying to make my fog machine go off 30 times a second while I'm looking down the barrel of a cannon. I blamed my brother for that one until I realized I was between him and the computer...

4. Sometimes (after 8-10 plays of a 7-minute sequence) SV203 Relay events get mixed up and OFF becomes ON. Or, a few ON events get missed. Again, it could be my SV203 board or relay board

3. After about an hour of manually restarting my 7-minute sequence because of the damn audio looping problem, VSA stopped sending commands out the serial port, forcing a reboot. Restarting the program didn't help.

2. You need more than the recommended platform to do large WAV files.

1. Making my pirate sing "I'm Too Sexy" for his finale (with his cannon adding the fog and strobe light effects) was the stupidest thing I've done in a long time. After having to hear that song dozens of times while doing the movements, I can't get it out of my head!

Other than that, it's a great program. Especially after I got the hang of using the joystick to capture events. Just make sure you save often!

I've seen threads about a 4.1 version but there's nothing on the website and I haven't received anything about it over email, like the FAQ states I should.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Same problems here!

Without that looping feature I'm screwed! I can't get the program to start with a sensor so I guess I'll be spending Halloween night pushing the stupid enter key!

Any word on that patch would be great.

Don

·
Registered
395 Posts
No word on the patch, but I figured out a way to loop it using the command line.

Create a simple batch (.bat) file in notepad:

:TOP
CD \Program Files\Brookshire Software\Visual Show Automation
vsa.exe "<path of your vsa file>myvsafile.vsa" /play /close
GOTO TOP

substitute <path of your vsa file> with the directory path to your .vsa file.

Run this batch file and it will launch vsa, load the routine, play it, close VSA, and repeat indefinitely.

I tested this five minutes ago, and it works.

-DGM

·
Registered
190 Posts
No word on the patch, but I figured out a way to loop it using the command line.

Create a simple batch (.bat) file in notepad:

:TOP
CD Program FilesBrookshire SoftwareVisual Show Automation
vsa.exe "<path of your vsa file>myvsafile.vsa" /play /close
GOTO TOP

substitute <path of your vsa file> with the directory path to your .vsa file.

Run this batch file and it will launch vsa, load the routine, play it, close VSA, and repeat indefinitely.

I tested this five minutes ago, and it works.

-DGM

I'll give that a try!

Thanks a million!
Don

·
Registered
334 Posts
Loop

Jon,

I worked out my other problem, I now have another. The loop function does not work. I am not the only one having this issue. Check the link below.

We need a patch and we need it ASAP. As you can see some of the members have a code that will correct this, but I am not a programer and I need help. With just two day's until Halloween this is no time this kind of problem.

http://www.halloweenforum.com/halloween-props/73981-vsa-emergency.html

Jon at Tech Support
[email protected]

PS. I am going to copy this to the Halloween Forum so you may want to respond to the Forum directly.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I e-mailed tech support at Brookshire and they said they have a patch for this problem and to download it using the information on the confirmation e-mail that came with the original program.

I tried it but try as I may, I can't log in to the damned page. Sent another e-mail today, so hopefully it get's straightened out. I'll let you all know.

Hope there's no more "surprises", too late to deal with this kinda stuff!

Don

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Boy am I glad that I posted this last Saturday for you guys in my beer induced stupor. Guess it does pay off to have an early Halloween party. Thanks for the batch idea DGM, totally going to help out! I too was unable to log in to download the update, but will try again momentarily.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts