Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When using VSA and the Parallax Servo Controller together is it necessary to use the servo outputs in order ? I'm wanting to use an output that would be # 16, but I have only 5 servos being used, o - 4 . On the # 16 set of pins I'm getting 5 vdc but no motion from the servo. How can I check for the signal ? The servo is good , it will work in the #5 set of pins. I guess I'm asking how to check to see if that set of pins are good. Thanks, Jeff :confused:

·
Registered
195 Posts
i think your problem might be that you are trying to address channel 16... with vsa # 16... but you have to remember both VSA and the parallax card start at 0... to the 16th pin set would be channel 15

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wicc ed , I tried channels 15,16,and 17 with the same results, I'm wondering if the signal is not getting through.

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've done that and all is well. I'm taking everything off and going to use just one servo as an experiment. I'm going to see if it will work on #1 with nothing on #0. Thanks for your help, Jeff

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Spent about 2 hours on this and the only conclusion I can come to is that channel is dead. As far as the VSA to PSC interface goes they both go from 0-16, and it matches, VSA channel will go to the corrsponding " device " on the PSC board. Wicc Ed , again thanks for your help. If anyone has any help or suggestions , please let me know. Thanks , Jeff

·
Registered
195 Posts
I think your thinking of the lynx board. The 2 parallax boards that I have only have 1 power connector, and the only jumper determins if it is controlling 0-15 or 16 - 32 servos

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do any of the other channels on that side of the board work? Or is it JUST 15 ?
Is power applied to that side of the Parallax board ? If I remember correctly, you can power one side or the other or both....!?!? Isn't that correct ?
Yes as far as I've gotten the only one that is not working is channel 16. And as Wicc Ed stated , the Parallax board cannot be powered as stated. Thanks

·
Registered
195 Posts
I dont know of anyway to repair... but were you planning on using all 16 channels? If not, I dont think I would worry about it.

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was just wondering if there was an easy fix. I'm not really worried about it as i have 2 of the boards connected together. Just kind of anal I guess!!!

·
Insane Genius
1,251 Posts
Do you know of any way to repair them or is it a lost cause? Thanks

nope, just put them aside for use on something where the dead channel doesn't matter, I guess you could ask parallax if they will do a warranty replacement, though that does depend on how old the board it.

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's kind of what I thought, the board is probably over a year old and I doubt that they will do anything about it . Thank you for your help.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts