Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
6,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to expand to include a voodoo scene this year in my Conjurers Consortium. It is really late to do this, so I am hoping for ideas and photos to be added here. I know that there have been a lot of this theme done in Secret Reapers this year. It will be trying and time consuming to go back and dig all the photos out. So, if you have done something or have photos of good things in this theme, please add them here.

Thanks in advance.

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
I don't know if this will help or not without a picture but I plan to take my cauldron stirring witch and redress her in a white caftan, wrap her hair up in a scarf, and accessorize her with some "bone" jewelry. I think it will work. We'll see. ;)

·
Registered
139 Posts
I bought an alligator jaw bone knife as an athame. Not sure how well tied in you want the two subjects....my guess is overlapping like a bayou witch. It was impossible for me to find an okay price and quantity of faux chicken's feet.
Since the holiday (Fete Ghede) on the first and second of November is more fine tuned for the Ghede (death loa and underlings), check out their veves. Papa Legba is always required to contact any loa, so he's a good one, that isn't Ghede, to incorporate. Otherwise, I'd get a bottle of rum (or find one and fill it with colored water), some cigars (do they make fake ones anymore?), and a top hat. Those death loa will be in heaven.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I once found a small scarecrow, the kind that sits in a flower pot, at the dollar store. I removed the sitting stick and painted it black and attached it to my voodoo priestess's belt. It added nice depth and texture to the costume.

·
Registered
6,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I love Live and Let Die and hubby is a huge Bond fan. We might just have a home date night with a Bond movie. Do you think he will figure out that I have an ulterior motive??? lol Thanks scatterbrains---wonerful idea. I also want hubby to be a voodoo character. He wants to be a Medieval knight. What the heck???? He know I am doing a lot of witches (as usual) and wizards and wants to be a knight. He told me that he can be saving witches from being burned. ????? What part of this doesn't fit my theme does he not get??? He is not a Halloween person. Love him, but please....

Thanks UnOrthodOx. That head is awesome. On the pictures below I love a lot of it. I could never get by with the drawing in the dirt. This is the Bible Belt and I would be ran out of the neighborhood---especially since there is a pastor who lives a few doors away. I know that some will be offended by the small amout of stuff I do. Sheesh, I have already had comments on FB about Ouijas and me needing to leave Conjurers and that stuff alone. lol

I love the tree idea and that should be easy to do. I will place this scene under or near one of the trees.

MAdam Leota, I have a new stirring witch that is already dressed as a hag, but I do have many cauldrons and will use your idea for one of the witches or sorcerers around one.

Kyriotes, thanks for the info. I will be reading up on all of this. Thanks for the info. I do have two top hats---one that I am going to decorate and another that is really cool with metal trim around it and curly hair almost looking like dred locks. So I do need to brush up on info---which I know next to nil about. What I do know is from movies.

Gray Lady, that is good idea.

Hilda, I am headed over to check out the album.

Thanks everyone. Keep the info coming and we all can share it. Love this Haunt family.

I also want to make a Voodoo Kit. Lady Sherry has a cool one.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I also want hubby to be a voodoo character. He wants to be a Medieval knight. What the heck???? He know I am doing a lot of witches (as usual) and wizards and wants to be a knight. He told me that he can be saving witches from being burned. ????? What part of this doesn't fit my theme does he not get??? He is not a Halloween person. Love him, but please....
This is hilarious! I really laughed reading it because I can relate when my DH and I just are NOT on the same page about something. I hope you can convince him a Knight just will not work. LOL!

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
If he really has his heart set on it, you *could* indulge him by having Morgan La Fey at your consortium, and he could be Lancelot or even Arthur.

I'm enjoying reading the recommendations here!
I've been agonizing and vacillating about doing a bayou theme this year. I want to do a Frankenstein style lab, and I want to do bayou, but they're pretty disparate concepts. Also, I don't feel like I have enough room indoors to do both well. What I decided was to fill the indoors with the lab (and other castley/Gothic elements), and do bayou outdoors if the weather allows. If they predict bad weather, I'll leave the swamp stuff in the garage and feature it next year.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
I was thinking about being Morgan La Fey. Great minds. It would make sense to me but everyone else would be like WTH? lol
I know the feeling! I lot of my area friends and neighbors aren't really into certain cultural aspects of the season (or of literature), and I know some of the little subtle touches are lost on most of them. I enjoy putting them in there for the sake of the minority, though :) If you're Morgan, you can post the costume here and we'll all appreciate!

·
Registered
14,683 Posts
Watch Live and Let Die
Live and Let Die is one of my favorites as well as The Skeleton Key. One of my voodoo props will be someone patterned off Baron Samedi. The Skeleton Key just has great ideas for props and scene settings. I remember I jumped at some point in that movie when I watched it at home alone one night, so it's a good scary movie to watch just for the fun of it.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts