Halloween Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or any ideas really. I'm new to party planning and I really want this to be a success. Last year my creepy cannibal party was a bit ... over the top food-wise and no one ate any of the ghoulish foods that were made. So this year I'm toning back a bit on the blatantly gross (meatloaf face, realistic cupcake hearts) and only adding some touches of the really macabre to the food.

So far I've decided on a skinned arm cake (raspberry jelly roll cake), the classic finger shaped sugar cookies with dip, and of course a huge pot of gumbo.

Please help, I've never been south of Pheonix! What appetizers comes to mind when you think cajun black magic and voodoo?

·
Registered
564 Posts
My grandparents were Cajun so I can tell you what we ate....steamed crawfish or fried crawfish tails, fried alligator, beignets, jambalaya, red beans and rice. You can find the recipes online pretty easy. You can order fresh crawfish and alligator online from stores in Louisiana if you can't find it in local stores. The jambalaya and red beans and rice can be served in little cups which makes it easy to serve small portions and stretch the food a little further. I'm actually doing a voodoo swamp theme this year so I'm giving you the menu I'm using. I never make the gross foods because, although cool to look at, it never gets eaten and is just a waste of good food. And personally, I prefer jambalaya over gumbo. Just make sure it's spicy or it just ain't Cajun! :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts