Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done Voodoo Halloween parties before? I'd love to see some invitation ideas if you have pictures.

My plans for 2014 Halloween invites are Voodoo dolls wrapped in tea stained cloth on which i'm hoping to print my invitation and then set in a brown envelope with red (blood) stains. Any additional idea would be appreciate. Still working on wording of the invite itself.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have long envisioned such a party and having anything short of a face painting booth wouldn't do it for me; skull or tribal. The drinks might be found at an alter to Baron Samedi since he he takes his libations in the form of rum.

·
Registered
564 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have long envisioned such a party and having anything short of a face painting booth wouldn't do it for me; skull or tribal. The drinks might be found at an alter to Baron Samedi since he he takes his libations in the form of rum.
can't do face painting!! my guests come all dressed up:))and won't like that! I'm planning drinks on altar as it happens, a firend will bring large voodoo doll all pierced with syringes with blood colored cocktail, so that will have its altar:)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's my party. Also, look through my photo album. I did this a couple of years back.
http://www.halloweenforum.com/party-ideas-experiences-and-recipes/119893-start-my-voodoo-swamp-decorations.html?highlight=

You have to make sure you look throug all the pages because there's pictures all the way to the end.
Let me know if I can help!

This was my dvd video invite:
View attachment 200500
I love ur decoratins :) specially the witch and swamp monster ....got to see if I can find a witch mask. Planning to make an alligator from old tires (fingers crossed)since there is mo way I can find resin one locally.
Where did you get moss from?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok! Nothing beats having family in Louisiana while preparing for voodoo party! :) i'll try eBay, but shipping to Cyprus is usually either very very high or not available. If I don't find a way, I guess I'll have to look for some plant that can offee similar look.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
I had planned on a having a party last year with this theme but had to settle for only decorating the yard.

I had ideas of the voodoo doll
a small bag of gris gris. I was going to use small stones, feathers, fake hair and fake fingernails to put in them
or small alligators from Oriental trading or somewhere
or a chicken foot with feathers hanging from it. There's a really great tutorial on making these. I will go check the name to give them credit. I think it's in the craft section
Just some ideas

It was by Pumpkin5, Voodoo chicken foot :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts