Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
A Wee Bit Wicked
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) Hey Guys! This is a chicken foot I made for my Voodoo Witch costume a couple of years ago. I made it out of sculpty clay and at first, the weight of it made it keep falling apart...but then...I thought...(wire coat hanger, something I use all the time because it is FREE). It worked like a charm:

Then a little texturing and detail work:

And then the paint and a few feathers from the craft store:

Ta Da! (a lot less smelly and more humane than a real chicken foot):D

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
OMG!! these are awesome!!! I'm looking for something different for invitations for my Voodoo in the Bayou theme and these are great! Mind if I borrow this?

·
A Wee Bit Wicked
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:) Offmymeds, please, be my guest! It was fun to make...I baked the sculpty clay in a 210 degree oven for an hour, turning it ever so often because it was pretty thick clay. And thank you Saki.Girl, it was a lot of fun to make it. (bwok, bwok, that is my chicken voice);)

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,454 Posts
Looks like the chicken feet I'd find at the local Chinese buffet only gone very, very wrong.

Yes, they have chicken feet at a local Chinese buffet. Battered & fried. I just couldn't bring myself to try one. I bet it tastes like chicken though!!:D

·
A Wee Bit Wicked
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:DThanks everyone for the kind comments.:eek: All together it probably took three days, including the paint time. But it was my first, I am sure I could crank them out a lot faster now.:)

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
lolololol omg put that thing on the buffet and walk away...omg...flip share it...wait for me to go to the bathroom first though...GREAT FOOT... we had chickens, you got it !!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts