Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a free voice changing software? looking for something that works on the fly. Meaning I talk in the microphone it changes the voice and comes out the speaker - no prerecording necessary.

·
Insane Genius
1,251 Posts
This type of software SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS!!!!

Been down this road and I've yet to find anything that's even halfway decent.

The biggest problem is lag time, you speak into the mic and there is a perceptible delay between you saying something and it being relayed from the speakers.

This is because software solutions take a sample of the sound and applies the modulation to the sample before taking the next sample

You are far better off with a hardware solution, these work instantly and are a million time better than any live software solution....especially free ones

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok - do you have any hardware solution recommendations? I'm totally unfamiliar in that area.

·
Insane Genius
1,251 Posts
Sorry no, I've got a cheap mixing desk that is 1000X better than anything I've seen in software.

I did a fair bit of research into software solutions earlier this year, and know that there is nothing that's any good, and I now understand the reasons for it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, thanks for saving me the time. I appreciate it. I guess I can use some software for a playback performances instead of a live ones.

·
Insane Genius
1,251 Posts
Yeah, for manipulating recordings its fine, just don't bother with live use.

Incidentally at a tradeshow I was demonstrating the Magic Motion system and was amazed at how many people asked me what I was using to change the voice, one guy even asked me what I was using to create the English Accent, and could it do a Spanish accent!

Im not sure if people were impressed that I was just doing the voices myself, or just thought the voices I was doing were so bad that they figured I must be using a machine :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts