Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to start my xmas production (mega tree setup) using a kit74 8 channel and the vixen program for light control. I'm using a 1ghz server which I got for free so it should be more than enough to do this.

Are there any haunters here that also use vixen (either halloween or xmas) and could lend a hand if I run into problems? I'm already a member on diy christmas but throwing this out there to my fellow haunters

Victor

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hey Victor - I'm not a Vixen user YET, but I actually did just discover Vixen last week, and I've been doing some reading. I'd LOVE to incorporate a Vixen setup with my haunt, I've just gotta figure out which board I want and how to build it. Definitely interested in seeing your progress as a tutorial!!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So after much though, the setup I'm currently envisioning is this: Caroling! After halloween I've been able to buy multiple pumpkin lamps from $1-$4 ea (and $4 are those big 3x3 guys!)

Here is the setup area, my living room:

There will be 8 pumpkins arranged outside, two pumpkins facing into the house per window. Since I'm not drawing a lot of power (each pumpkin will use one 40-60w lamp), I should have no problem using one (maybe two) outlets to light them up. I managed to get a 1ghz server (w/512mb ram, no less) from freecycle (you can guess how I paid for that) so with XP and vixen loaded on that I should have no problem with playback issues. I could probably hook that up to a projector as well for other considerations later. The nice thing about my setup is that I want to integrate this into a xmas setup after halloween, instead of pumpkins caroling I'm thinking of xmas stars or large snowflakes with xmas lights streaming into the yard fromt he windows to give a xmas tree effect. Since the pc will be inside I can hookup a mini 2.1 system for audio inside the living room discreetly (also from freecycle) so everyone can watch the show from in the house but hear it clearly. Wish me luck...

Victor

1 - 5 of 5 Posts