Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Master of Disaster
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have a early model Swinging Zombie Girl from Spirit. On the older model the power connector (with male connector) is hard wired to the control box and an AC adapter (with a female connector) attaches to the male power cord.
Somehow the male cable got cut over the winter. I've tried stripping the wires to splice together, but no luck. I've tested the power adapter and it works, it just seems that power is not getting to the girl now.
Does anyone know if there is an issue with splicing Spirit Halloween cables, or maybe there is more damage to the prop other than power?

Thanks

·
Registered
163 Posts
Splicing should not be an issue if you are making good contact. Did you try both polarities? You might have had the + and - leads backwards.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Try reversing the wires from the way you tried. Most of these devices are low current and can probably handle reverse power for a short while.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Try reversing the wires from the way you tried. Most of these devices are low current and can probably handle reverse power for a short while.
Well, no offense but that's bad advice. The amount of current doesn't matter, reverse DC current to a circuit board can and will do instant damage unless the board has diode protection. Most of them don't.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well, no offense but that's bad advice. The amount of current doesn't matter, reverse DC current to a cir uit board can and will do instant damage unless the board has diode protection. Most of them don't.
Sorry, I guess I was assuming it did have some protection. Okay, Spirit Halloween does sell just the swing mechanism for $39.95 and you can get a coupon from them for 20% off if you sign up for their email. I just bought one and made a swing myself. It comes with a motion sensor and works quite well. You can cancel the emails later if you want. Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I set mine up last night and here head is not moving!!! I am having a hard time getting inside her head to see if something is mechanically broken or a wire is just loose. Here eyes still light up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts