Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I love it! I do my dining room in traditional Halloween orange & black colors, and I have a few vintage touches I add as well. With a little bit of tweaking, it takes me through Thanksgiving also. I hang some of the paper fans from my ceiling already, but I'm liking your stars! I'm not finished decorating yet, but when I am, I'll be putting pics in my album.

Your photo spot is great also! I really want to do something like this for our house. We get a good number of TOTers and we host an open house for friends & family at Halloween, so I know everyone would love it. Great job!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, I break the design into smaller spaces - I break out the sections/areas - Photo Booth, Bar, Bathroom, Table Spaces. I started gathering ideas in August I think.

Yes, it is a Photobooth. I am a portrait photographer and this is my studio space. (Hence all the black curtains everywhere - behind them is backdrops) I do a photobooth for most of the larger social gatherings we do. This is the most elaborate one though. There are more pictures of it in another post,

I use stars almost every gathering now - in different colors for whatever my theme is.

We get -no- TOTers :( So I do this for our friends.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is what I did last year to the entry. It will probably be the same this year plus a few more skeletons. There is a graveyard to the right and it is getting an overhaul after I started making the fencing inspired by the folks here! People loved taking pictures on the hay bales with the skeletons & pumpkins and in the graveyard. I have 4 dog skeletons because I have 4 large dogs ;)

Home Property House Siding Building

Pumpkin Shed House Home Yard

Dalmatian Dog Canidae Great dane Non-Sporting Group

Pumpkin Calabaza Gourd Vegetable Cucurbita

Home House Property Sky Lighting

Green Lighting Games Tree Landscape lighting

·
Registered
371 Posts
They all look soooo good.

I'm thinking of doing like a 1950s vintage Halloween theme some year. I found several vintage decors on Amazon for the occasion. Y'all's look super amazing though! Wish I could come! :)

·
Registered
371 Posts
Sooo, last night at my party, I let my friends/guests vote on what the theme for the next years party will be and it was a resounding YES to the vintage Halloween theme, soooo I guess that's what I'll be doing next year! Better get started, lol.

·
Registered
14,834 Posts
When I heard you say you had a studio I wasn't sure if it was a studio apartment or commercial studio. Now I know! What a wonderful work space. You have a great eye and a wonderful sense of style. The place looks so inviting inside and out. I bet your portraits are terrific too. Thanks for sharing and it's fun to see what props/decor you picked up to use for this year's bash.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Is this what you used on your entryway? I loved it all!
Yes, I used it on the tables, draping over the bar, on the pool table and cue rack... Last year I used 80 yards building the porch drape and for 6 foam head ghosts. This year another 70ish. I have a little left over.

The porch draping is Cheesecloth bunched and attached to a piece of thin white primed wood trim board with a staple gun. Some pieces I swagged and a few I just draped randomly. I folded it over once for a nice edge. It is hung with eye hooks in the trim/drape. I used 3m hooks inside the porch and somehow they have stayed up for 2-years parties. Those can be hit-or-miss, but I used 5 across the front and 3 on the shorter length. After I got it hung, I slashed and cut it with scissors to tatter it. That part is easiest after it is installed.

It is super super easy.

After the party, I take it down, roll it up, and wrap it with saran/cling wrap to keep it rolled and throw it in the attic.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.