Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Vlad the Impaler
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I started setup yesterday (couldn't wait till the first) I put out my pumpkins and a few tombstones (still have about 30 more to put up). Well anyway, I always wanted to drape vines over my porch and door but fake vines at Michales are so expensive and don't look real at all. Than I had a thought, I have LOTS of vines that are growing up the side of the house all two stories up where no one can see them, maybe I can use those. So I went to the side of the house and pulled alot of the vines off the house and fence, than dragged them up on top of the porch covering and hung them there and some over the door. I also put up two pumpkins so it looks like the vines came from the pumpkins. The efect is quite startling and perfect for my Haunted Mansion theme. Today the vines dryed out and are dead but it looks even better. but here are some pictures of when I put them up yesterday when they were more living. I will have to get some pictures of them now and some night shots two so you can see the pumpkins lit and flicker lights on the porch. Tell me what you think!!

·
Good Ghoul Gone Bad
747 Posts
That looks really good. I hope the leaves don't fall off because you've got a nice effect going there, and at the BEST price...free! Post some more pics when you get some more done. I'm so jealous - I probably won't be able to start out party setup until around the 10th :(

·
Vlad the Impaler
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That looks really good. I hope the leaves don't fall off because you've got a nice effect going there, and at the BEST price...free! Post some more pics when you get some more done. I'm so jealous - I probably won't be able to start out party setup until around the 10th :(
Thanks! I hope they don't fall also. They seem pretty durable, but even if they do I have alot more I can out up. But I probaly wouldn't put them up until the big day if I have to put more up.

·
Pumpkin w/ BIG stem
895 Posts
thats really neat. I will have to look at michaels for it!! And again its awesome as ever and i want itNOW

·
Registered
994 Posts
Looks good GD. I bet it just looks even better as each day passes. This year I'm using the same idea for the first time. After I did a bunch of yard work last week I stood there staring at my uprooted vegetation and had the epiphany of using it for my props... so now I'm going to use it all over the place... though my vines are pretty different than those... lot less leafyness.

·
likes candy & razorblades
1,085 Posts
those vines look great!

I love the idea of FREE and using whats natural around the house. My small cemetery is set in my flower garden that i let get overgrown towards the end of the season. Ive got the colored leaves that fall off the tree in there naturally too. The iris leaves really are making it look overgrown and old.

I think if the leaves die off your vines, it will look even better! This is the very beginning of my wee cemetery.

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
Do you think if you misted the vines it would keep the leaves on longer??? (I'm no gardener, can you tell :eek:)

Looks really good, BTW!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts