Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
13,768 Posts
And if one had been following the forum and checking out the CVS thread this summer with early photos of the arms, you would have been alerted to when these first hit the shelves there and were available at CVS with a 25% off discount....yes, shameless plug for members to spend more time during the year hanging out on the threads here to get a heads up on stuff that will be hot and many-times hard-to-find later in the fall! ;) I'm thinking they are molded using a silicon-based material, kind of feels like cured bathtub caulk to me, which of course would be waterproof. Suppose if you had a mold and used clear caulk with some coloring added you could possibly design your own. Although caulk is pretty expensive and these arms are already done for you and really do look cool so why bother trying. Molding some stems however might not be that bad...and the stems are even hardered to find this year.

Nice video of the product Bigant.

·
Far Away Eyes
3,354 Posts
(...raises hand) I was one of those who followed the CVS thread and bought two sets of these arms early on. :) My husband thought one could easily make these instead, but I don't know. I really like the realistic look to them. They are really creepy and cool. I still need to take them out of the box, so the video was interesting to me. I was waiting to get pumpkins, and it is about time now.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha thanks guys! I am going to assume that not every CVS has these, I have been to at least 5 or so in recent weeks trying to get a second light up reaper skull and the one I went to this past weekend was the only one I have seen these in? Its possible I have been missing them every single time but unlikely. Perhaps the other stores were simply sold out of them already

·
Registered
13,768 Posts
I bought my CVS Pumpkin Arms on September 13, so like over a month ago. Doubt that stores that put them out then had them out for very long on the shelf. They were pretty much decreed as a "2013 Halloween Hot item" here on the forum's shopping threads.

As we know from other national chain stores like Walgreens, they tend to have a set schedule for putting halloween items out and of course every store gets a different inventory quantity probably based on store size and how their sales are. I'd say it's probably hit or miss whether you find any in the stores this close to Halloween. I bought 4 sets during their 25% off sale back then and I know others who bought a set or two went back for more. They really are cool and worth looking for them if they are still in CVS, even at 9.99.

BTW I checked my receipt and it does not list a SKU for it. It's just labeled as "Pmpkn Poseable Arm".

Good luck to anyone looking for them. Truly will give your pumpkin patch a new dimension.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I just got the arms today at CVS, and they had a lot of them. Although I have been to CVS a few times this month, they never had them. I think they are just getting the shipments in now, they had a lot of arms, but no legs or stems. They are still charging full price for them, but it's only $9.99.

·
A Wee Bit Wicked
1,292 Posts
:)And thanks to jdubbya, I am the proud owner of two sets! I went to eight CVS stores and no luck...:( He went to SIX CVS stores for me until he found two sets and mailed them to me! Haunters are the kindest, most wonderful people in the world!:D

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
My store didn't get them in at first either so I called CVS and the rep fell in love with them too BUT they didn't have any numbers for them and couldn't figure out how to order them. I got the numbers from jdubbya and still got nowhere thru CVS. They gave me Villafanes number who told me it was a new product being distributed around the country and even THEY don't know what stores they are going to. Soon after my store had them and right in time for 25% discount and CVS bucks so mine were very cheap :)

·
Registered
13,768 Posts
Decided to check out my local CVS to see if there were any there. Didn't need any more but was curious for you guys for a reference point. Their halloween was pretty slim now (a few butlers, no reapers, a few witches as far as props goes). No pumpkin arms. The cashier I also decided to ask told me she hasn't seen them in the last few weeks and said they had no more halloween in the back. It is a small store though. I did notice one aisle had been cleared off, probably making room for xmas.

BTW they did have a 20% off on halloween right now.

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
1,921 Posts
Got mine today! Got two sets and later got an email for 25% off next purchase go guess I'll have 3 sets by tomorrow. lol When I first saw these were coming out I always saw pricing online at $20. Sure am glad they are more reasonably priced! We are thinking it might look cool to have some funkins engaged in an assault on the porch. Or perhaps real pumpkins ripping each other apart. Or maybe put some tools and decorations in their hands and tell the kiddies that the pumpkins did all the decorating and that they do all their work when no one is looking. Ahhhh the possibilities!

·
Registered
281 Posts
I went right to the source for mine. I was lucky enough to be at the New York Botanical Garden last Saturday to see Ray Villafane doing his pumpkin display and he had his arms, legs, and stems for sale there. In fact, I bought them from his wife. I actually was able to chat with him for a brief moment and take this picture. That's me along with my wife and daughter.

014.jpg

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
1,921 Posts
I went right to the source for mine. I was lucky enough to be at the New York Botanical Garden last Saturday to see Ray Villafane doing his pumpkin display and he had his arms, legs, and stems for sale there. In fact, I bought them from his wife. I actually was able to chat with him for a brief moment and take this picture. That's me along with my wife and daughter.

View attachment 181409
"Tommy Topper"! lol That's awesome!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Meijer has these on clearance for $8.97. If you a store nearby, they will ship to store for free...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts