Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Tremendous layout! That is a lot of time invested there, lots of great details....The hanging chains shaking, the mirror room, lighting effects, etc. How long did it take to do all those balloons ?!?!

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Tremendous layout! That is a lot of time invested there, lots of great details....The hanging chains shaking, the mirror room, lighting effects, etc. How long did it take to do all those balloons ?!?!
We bought a little machine off of Amazon that blows up balloon at I think 100 a minute or something like that. The balloon room took about 4 hours to do. Overall, the haunted house didn't take too long, except that the wind and rain came early in October and blew the plastic off the roof. This was my first time building a haunted house and I'm glad that the wind and rain were so bad early on so that I could fix it in time for Halloween...otherwise, it would have been disastrous.

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
wow , top job , cant wait till next year.
Already have big plans for next year. The neighborhood loved this one...next year is a Saturday and some of my next door neighbors are planning some things of their own. We got a permit to shut our street down to traffic so that kids (and adults) could run wild, next year we'll do the same.

Registered
Fantastic haunt! I'll advise on something I came to realize this year. External speakers on as many props you can makes a huge, I mean huge difference. Hit Amazon. You can get self powered pc speakers on the cheap. Buy tons of them. It's so worth it. Gone will be the tinny sound from the props. The improved and louder sound will make a haunt like yours way more scary, trust me. You invested a fortune in props. Put speakers on them and really bring them to life. You'll see...I mean hear!

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
Fantastic haunt! I'll advise on something I came to realize this year. External speakers on as many props you can makes a huge, I mean huge difference. Hit Amazon. You can get self powered pc speakers on the cheap. Buy tons of them. It's so worth it. Gone will be the tinny sound from the props. The improved and louder sound will make a haunt like yours way more scary, trust me. You invested a fortune in props. Put speakers on them and really bring them to life. You'll see...I mean hear!
I actually used our Sonos speakers in each room to provide some background sounds to add to the overall soundrack. I do have one prop with a bluetooth speaker hooked up and it's nice. I didn't want all the props to be overpowering each other though, so a background soundtrack through each sono's speaker helped a lot.

Registered
Discussion Starter #16
Last comment was directed to Shockwave199

Registered
I actually used our Sonos speakers in each room to provide some background sounds to add to the overall soundrack. I do have one prop with a bluetooth speaker hooked up and it's nice. I didn't want all the props to be overpowering each other though, so a background soundtrack through each sono's speaker helped a lot.
All good. Also you don't have to have all the speakers on props at the same volume either. But for props like wolves and all, speakers really are a must. Giant clowns benefit from it as well. Once you have it you can't go back lol.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts