Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a video projector that I'd love to use for my Halloween party this year. Rather than showing the typical horror flick, does anyone have any other ideas to make the place exceptionally spooky?

Any ideas for indoors or outdoors would work!

·
Registered
125 Posts
for a party in college once, we took a projector and pointed it at the dance floor and just played a wild screensaver that had lots of moving colors and patterns...worked like an Intellilight like you'd see in a nightclub. It was actually pretty great. This might work for you if you have some patterns/colors moving that match your theme and point it over a dancefloor or even over a room...you don't even need to have any real images, since you can't really tell what they are when they are playing over people and furniture...but I can create a really cool look to a room.

·
I play with dead people
1,834 Posts
What video is that and where can I get it?

·
I play with dead people
1,834 Posts
okay...disregard...found it..on the list...waiting

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice! Thanks for those ideas. Checked out Hallowindow, vicoreyd...pretty great.

Has anyone ever used a projector to do some type of creepy hologram? Not sure how that would work...or if it could, really. Think, "Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope." Only with ghosts coming up from the floor.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That. Video. Is. Awesome!

My party last year was Beetlejuice themed, so I had the movie projected onto a sheet in the doorway. The rest of my basement was filled with homemade props from the flick, like the flashing Beetlejuice sign and and fireplace where they get married at the end. Having the theme match the movie helped to tie in the projector a bit.

Anyway, I added some texture to the movie projection by putting a strobe light behind the sheet, blinking at a fast rate. It made the picture look like one of those old reel-to-reel projectors.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Strobe light behind a sheet! Nice. And moocheex...THAT would make for a great party atmosphere. Thanks for the ideas. Now I might need to buy another projector or two...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts