Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Well done. Where does the saying "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy" come from? All I know is the version from Jack Brookes Monster Slayer "All work and no rage makes Jack a dull boy". Always figured there had to be an original saying to it, just never knew what from.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bubbels-
I think the saying is what Jack Nicholson's character in The Shining (1980) is typing over and over on his typewriter as he's going 'loopy', if I remember correctly. At least that's where I remember it from.. Unseen on the video is also "All work and no beer makes Homer go crazy" from the Simpsons, but that was way down at the bottom of the door- only a few people caught it.

·
Pirate of the Puget Sound
715 Posts
I will be submitting my admittance papers today. I would like to check in for a short stay...

·
Vlad the Impaler
1,302 Posts
Nice Job! Your paint job on the walls really looks like an old sanitarium thats been left alone for a very long time. And that observation room is especially creepy!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Just like Home! LOL. Very good job, JP. I especially liked the nurse with the baby and the Walker Dude. The Resident Doc and Nurse at the end looked ready to do intake on a few more victims, errr, I mean patients.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to all for the kind words.. the plans were to have me inside the control room and popping up or hitting the inside of the door every once in a while, but I ended up busy elsewhere. The inmate reaching out was based off of the massage motor mechanism, and the nurse in the rocking chair was wiper motor driven in very low light. The creak of the chair on the brick surface was the perfect sound to catch peoples attention.

The program used for the slide show is called ProShow Gold. Very easy to use with just about no learning curve. It can handle video as well, I just haven't been able to find the stuff we shot this year...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts