Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I normally use "adult" sites for my videos, I didn't think that you guys should get to know me THAT well, so I uploaded some videos to Youtube. ;)

The new ones are various bits of my yard display this year.

The best one the catch the whole effect is attached below. I can't put images or links in my first post, so it'll be in my second post, right below this one!

The video is really dark (and therefore grainy), but this is basically everything in operation (with the exception of the fog machines/chillers... so picture a nice sheet of low lying fog creeping through the grave yard as well as down the porch steps) shot from a Trick or Treater's point of view.

Also, the TCT has a regular strobe light in it (with a red lens) , but apparently it's flash rate and the camera's frame rate aren't too compatible; it seems very inconsistent in the video.

Let me know what you guys think!
Steve

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow... I didn't realize that you had to part of the "In" crowd to get people to look at your stuff!

I've been out of High School for a long time; Maybe I'll stick to the other forums.

·
Registered
696 Posts
you don't have to be part of the "IN" crowd for people to look at your stuff or comment, just don't be a %^#@ about it.

... btw your display isn't all that great, maybe that's why no one is saying anything. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you don't have to be part of the "IN" crowd for people to look at your stuff or comment, just don't be a %^#@ about it.

... btw your display isn't all that great, maybe that's why no one is saying anything. Just my 2 cents.
Alright "friend"... what should I have done differently?

Let's see your display so I know how I should do mine next year...

·
Banned
535 Posts
I think it looks great! one thing i have found is lighting is key. We do a very simple lay out and when it gets dark and the fog starts rolling and the lights come on it all comes together but in daytime my setup just looks lame. So i would suggest more aerial floodlights... mount them up high and aim down in the yard but thats just me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think it looks great! one thing i have found is lighting is key. We do a very simple lay out and when it gets dark and the fog starts rolling and the lights come on it all comes together but in daytime my setup just looks lame. So i would suggest more aerial floodlights... mount them up high and aim down in the yard but thats just me.
Thanks... there is is actually MUCH more ambient light than what you see in the video, but the few bright things darkened everything else in the camera.

I actually had blue floodlights in the trees at the hedgerow, but the first rain washed all of the blue paint off them :confused:, so they didn't get used!

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Wow... I didn't realize that you had to part of the "In" crowd to get people to look at your stuff!

I've been out of High School for a long time; Maybe I'll stick to the other forums.
You only had your post up for ONE day before you said this.
Personally, I didn't read any further after reading the 'adult' website comment. I figured it was gory and wasn't interested.
How many threads have you commented on yourself?

MsM

·
Registered
312 Posts
Steve, good video of your haunt.

To be honest though I did the same as Ms. Meeple's post above. I thought the "adult" website comment probably turned folks off, it did for me, and really was not needed to get your request for comment across. To be honest I can't figure out why you had to state that in the first place and I didn't go any further.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I wouldn't take it personal....I've got very few responses on my party pics compared to how many people are here but you can't take it personal just for the fact that EVERYONE'S PICS AND VIDEOS ARE FLOODING THE GATES!!!There is so much great stuff on here it's ridiculous and I'm one of the many guilty who even when seeing something, even when it's a jaw dropping prop/display will admire and even take notes but DON"T leave a response!...Crazy I know but if you don't leave feedback for others then expect the same....I post my pics hoping someone can appreciate and maybe even get an idea or 2 but I don't expect any comments for the simple fact I don't for others too often......I think you have a great start and I'm extremely envious of your house....Great house for Halloween!....ZR

1 - 11 of 11 Posts