Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got to make this. It was a creepy haunt this year for sure. Aside from all the animatronics, what really made it scary was the thunder storm sound track. I put a more powerful system in this year and it kicked it really good. Scary, that storm was. Hard work but fun! Thanks for watching!

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for watching and commenting! Not sure what I'm gonna do next year but I think I want to change the layout a bit, perhaps making two graveyards along each side of the driveway. I want to get more static props in too cause animated ones take a lot of consideration to set up, the biggest challenge being power cords to everything. I run all those props with the power adapters. So we'll see. But a lot is dictated by the weather. I only got that far because of great weather for days before halloween. And then halloween itself wasn't so great. Long time to contemplate everything now- all winter and summer!

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Shockwave, always impressive.

I can't deny, I am jealous, as again, I couldn't do the F.....G haunt I wanted and was again, not able to use half my animatronics and collection again DUE TO F....G **** WEATHER... AGAIN...

I am so frustrated, as your vid shows me of what could have been maybe similar to my haunt, if completed, as we have similar collection of amazing props.

Amazing job... right now, it's snowing hard, everything still in backyard, destroyed by winds and now covered in snow... I am not in a happy mood this year about Halloween...

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am REALLY sorry to hear that. I had at least four really good props I had to hold back from putting out this year just because of blustery conditions- nowhere near as bad as you had I'm sure. It really makes it hard to commit to buying new props each year when you know there's a real chance you won't even be able to display what you invested in. Or worse yet, have it destroyed by the weather. I hope next year is better for you and for all of us who had less than good conditions. The weather for me on halloween was a tap dance between marginal to not good, and by the time I got it all back in it was really not good. My kingdom for an indoor haunt.

·
black light queen
2,494 Posts
very impressive sw199!

i also had some issues with weather ... lost a good 2 days b4 halloween and halloween morning was rainy ... but it did clear and dry up so although i didn't put everything out as i planned, no one else knows and the tots luved everything

hope you don't mind me asking, but what did you use for a video camera?

amk

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I use a kodak Zi8. It's a small hand held camera. I love it, especially for this kind of stuff. I got it a few years back for 100 bucks but now it seems like a really sought after camera and tends to go for hundreds NIB. This happned I think because the next generation- the play touch- wasn't near as good so the zi8 became a hot commodity. It has some special features, noteably a hookup for connecting top quality microphones, that set it apart. Night video is pretty dang good too- lol. It does 1080p HD as well, but I tend to film at a lower res just to make file handling a bit easier.

Thanks for watching! I'm just glad there was something to film this year! :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts