Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh Holy Bat Man, i dont know if we have a new thread for victorian trading 2015 but OMG....loads of stuff..there is a very good headless horseman silhouette framed pic...theres a wood impish bookends that are really cool, i thought oddity shelf with old books, creepy, a candlelite lithopane...i love that, a tattered witch flag, im thinking make that one, very neat also, a witch and owl sitting in a crecent moon..oui.....ok heres some thing ...a dearly beloved figure, clutching a glass print of her departed....oh where to put her.. a skeleton pair..i love skellies...and someone needs to make these earrings of a voodoo like head with hair...they would be just too easy to make... lots of great things.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i got their catalog today, not sure whats on their website. i didnt order from them last year, i think my husband tossed the catalog before i got it in my hands...lol. wonder if they have a online catalog you can open and see?

i just went to look at the online, yes i think whats on there is in the catalog although the catalog shows it alot better., some is also on sale online i noticed

·
Registered
14,096 Posts
HalloGeekHalfrican, a few of us bought props from them last year and posted photos under a thread for them for 2014 in case you want to see what things looked like at the consumer end. I bought the Peeping Thomas. I called them about a month ago and the assistant I spoke with said they were going to be getting in some cool halloween things. Not sure if they are displayed in the catalog, which I haven't seen yet. Pretty sure it's online though. I don't think they carry a lot of something so keep that in mind if you see something you like. I waited to order Thomas and they sold out of him, but said they were expecting another shipment. It ended up cutting it pretty close for halloween.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Ghost of Spookie, thanks for the heads up! I'll keep that in mind when I decide on what I want. And that Peeping Thomas is very unsettling; it would probably scare me more than anyone walking by my house, haha :D

·
Registered
383 Posts
I've had four items in my cart for a couple of weeks now, I've been waiting to find a coupon code. The items (an apron, mask, ring, necklace) are not big, bulky items to justify their shipping which came to about seventeen dollars. There are a few other things I might want also, so I took the mask, ring, and necklace out of my shopping cart for now and stuck them in my wishlist. But I did just purchase the apron, because I want to make sure I don't miss out on it. I'm signed up for the newsletters but I haven't received any yet. I do usually get their catalogs, but my mail must be a little slower than most because I haven't received any yet for this season.

Here's the apron I ordered, I hope it is as nice in real life as it is in the picture.

apron.jpg

This is my first time ordering from them. I just went to some review sites and it appears that people are complaining the service has gone way down withing the past year or so. Has anyone ordered from them within this time and had any issues?

·
Registered
236 Posts
I've ordered from VTC several times and have never had a problem. The last thing I ordered was "Screech & Mr. Moon Table Light" on June 23rd (with free shipping). I received an e-mail notification on June 24th saying that my order had shipped and it arrived pretty timely. I'm really cheap and I usually only order when there's a really good sale or free/discounted shipping. I'm on their e-mail list and they do periodically send out free shipping offers. Also, the Screech & Mr. Moon Table Light is soooo adorable!

·
Registered
410 Posts
I've had four items in my cart for a couple of weeks now, I've been waiting to find a coupon code. The items (an apron, mask, ring, necklace) are not big, bulky items to justify their shipping which came to about seventeen dollars. There are a few other things I might want also, so I took the mask, ring, and necklace out of my shopping cart for now and stuck them in my wishlist. But I did just purchase the apron, because I want to make sure I don't miss out on it. I'm signed up for the newsletters but I haven't received any yet. I do usually get their catalogs, but my mail must be a little slower than most because I haven't received any yet for this season.

Here's the apron I ordered, I hope it is as nice in real life as it is in the picture.

This is my first time ordering from them. I just went to some review sites and it appears that people are complaining the service has gone way down withing the past year or so. Has anyone ordered from them within this time and had any issues? Yep, I have to say I ordered for the first time 2 years ago and had to call and wait 8 weeks for my items, they weren't for Halloween, but they seem to advertise a lot of items and not be able to fulfill their orders in a timely manner. I'm spoiled by Amazon I guess... :(

Reactions: themyst

·
Registered
383 Posts
Yep, I have to say I ordered for the first time 2 years ago and had to call and wait 8 weeks for my items, they weren't for Halloween, but they seem to advertise a lot of items and not be able to fulfill their orders in a timely manner. I'm spoiled by Amazon I guess... :(
Yes, Amazon has spoiled me, too. In fact I ordered a couple of books from them late Wednesday night (it was almost midnight) and with my Prime two day shipping originally they said I'd get them by this Monday, but then they updated it and I'll get them Friday! Oh please Amazon, don't change your business model I love you so!

Well, I'll just hope that the apron is nice and that will be that. It certainly looks neat in the picture.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Just received an email that Victorian Trading is offering free shipping until Aug 4. The coupon code is PACKAGE .

My apron is scheduled to arrive this Monday, so I still don't have a feeling for their service/merchandise yet.

UPDATE: My apron came ahead of schedule and arrived via USPS today.

At first, I was very upset because I thought they sent the wrong thing.

apron_bag.jpg

I reluctantly started to unwrap it so I could see what wrong item they sent me.

apron_open.jpg

Then the epiphany hit me that I'm not as smart as I think I am ... and I was just looking at a bag the apron was inside of.

apron_discovered.jpg

Apron laid out, looks just like what was advertised on Victorian's website:

apron_full.jpg

While the apron is really neat with it's colors and black lace, the hands are what really finish it off. They looked better in the website pictures. They're some kind of really cheap plastic ... maybe even a hard foam. In fact, it looks like a little hole was gouged out toward the wrist so they could be threaded to the apron. The quality of the hands was disappointing.

apron_hands.jpg

Overall, I like the apron, but at $60 it was pricey for what it is. The skeleton hands could be better. The apron is clearly not for daily use because the hands just will not hold up through getting folded up time after time and shoved in the apron drawer, or through spot cleanings either, I would suppose. The plus side is that Victorian revealed a really neat idea for an apron, and if the hands fall off or get damaged, at least the cool frilly apron underneath it will still remain and it should be easy enough to find some better skeleton hands to attach to it.

·
Registered
383 Posts
So, being fairly satisfied with my previous purchase, I went ahead and ordered a few more things that caught my eye, and the free shipping code worked.

A Gothic Poison Ring:

gothic_ring.jpg

Gothic Intrigue Bat Mask: I think I'm just going to eccentrically piece a costume together this year. I hope this mask is comfortable.

bat_mask.jpg

Wolfgang Fangs Spider: I've had my eye on him for a while, he's so cute.

wolfgang_spider.jpg

And after checking my mad money account, that officially ends my online spending spree. I'll do some random brick and mortar store shopping closer to fall when all the merchandise is out. And when I receive this merchandise I just ordered, I'll post a review on it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts