Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Has anyone ever ordered any halloween props from here? Love to know what you thought about the quality of the props if so (don't really care about the clothing or decor at all, which I know people have commented on before). They seem a bit pricier than GR or OT. I'm liking the peeping tom guy they have.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,454 Posts
I've never ordered any of the props. I don't know if I ever knew they had props. I could seriously spend way too much money there. I shouldn't have even opened it. I love their Christmas stuff too.

The window peeper looks like another prop I've seen, maybe an Oriental Trading one, but half size.

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Well I guess I'll be the tester for props from them. I checked their site and a week or so ago the Peeping Thomas was shipping after 8/25 and now it's showing not til after 9/30. ugh!

My delay pushed my delivery out, suspect they only order a small amount and then place reorders when they need to but who knows. Didn't want to risk missing this halloween should I decide to use him this year so placed my order. Used a Retail Me Not code (24879) for $2 shipping so saved a few dollars there.

I really liked the looks of Peeping Thomas' face. Reminds me very much of the GR and OT prop faces like Victoria, Helsa, Madame Misery, so he should fit in. Depending on what he really looks like in total, I was thinking I might be able to make a full-sized prop out of him, giving me another guy to keep GR Stone Man company.

I'll post a photo or two of him when he arrives but that's so late in the season. Unfortunately it may not help anyone decide on him but you'll get an idea of their props.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I probably should stop by their factory discount store. I live just a few miles from them. Never can tell what they'll have in there.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Oh my gosh, thank you SO much for posting this! THEY DELIVER TO AUSTRALIA!!! *happy dance* I'm doing an order as I type this... Yay! I just bought this guy and I'm planning to put a hat on him to use him as a display item rather than a candle holder. A few other things too, but I'm particularly happy with that as you just can't get that sort of thing here. Most decorations that make it to Aus are the cheap Chinese type, tacky and cheery but not really scary. 13467.jpg

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
The little pumpkin guy looks a bit on the homicidal side:D I must have somehow missed him when I was looking through the items. Glad that they ship to your country so you can get something far better than the cheap-looking crap, Download.

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
I believe they have added some new halloween items. I'm liking the Sir I.M. Wise Owl/Man bronze-like resin bust. His backstory could be that a witch turned him into an owl man hybrid. Nice piece. They also have their Beloved toe pincher coffin on sale. Would make a nice container.

Here's a link to the owl bust -- http://www.victoriantradingco.com/item/50-sr-5024887/107100/sir-i-m-wise

I can tell waiting for my Peeping Thomas window prop is going to be torturous for me. Still so far off. Hope they get restocked sooner and can send out before the promised time.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I can't get Peeping Thomas out of my mind... I may NEED him. lol Says 49 inches? I signed up for their codes, we'll see if I get one that puts me over the edge to take the bite. Please post what you think of him, when you get him!

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Not surprised you are finding yourself with a thing for Thomas Hallow's Eve. I found his look haunting and kept thinking about him until I broke down and just ordered him.

I saw that the ship date on him was now listed for August sometime instead of end of September so called them. The customer service rep said she thought it would come in sooner than what was on my order timeframe and I would probably get him around mid-September but no guarantees at this point.

I'm assuming the measurement for him would include tip of his skeleton hands above his head to the base of his clothing below his neck area.

BTW I did a search for "Victorian Trading coupons" and used the $2 shipping coupon that Retail Me Not had listed. There was a free ship code that had expired days before I placed my order but no biggie since it only would have saved me an extra $2.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Thanks Ghost of Spookie, he's certainly "haunting me". lol There's another $2 ship code out now...I'm thinking he would be cool peering out from our second story window in our hallway. I put flameless candles in all the windows and thought he'd look good with the candle underneath him...Our lots are on the small side, so I think he will be visible from the road...in our subdivision, I have a rep I need to keep up. lol :) Just trying to budget what I'm going to get between maybe him and Grandin Road this year.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts