Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a project I finished over the weekend. It was intended to be a Victorian Grieving Widow to compliment Mr. W's Victorian Undertaker. However, things got busy and I didn't finish on time.

The bodice is black, 100% wool gaberdine. The drape, train, ruffles and rosettes are made from bridal weight satin. The skirt is the same dark blue damask that I used for Mr. W's costume, with black lace overlay.

The bodice is boned and vast amounts of netting was used for the train's bustle.

I can't wait to wear this costume on Halloween!

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
stunning. and i do love lace. that bussle is perfect. while everyone else seems to be loving the glitter and sequins right now, which don't get me wrong, i like it, but my passion is with lace and ruffles. so what does the outfit that goes with this look like? nice job

·
Registered
814 Posts
Wow! that is absolutely stunning! The amount of details you incorporated into the dress is outstanding...and I might add...you look lovely in it too!
You are very talented! Many thanks for sharing!:)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you all very much. You are all too kind. This is my hobby that I love and, quite frankly, it keeps me out of mischief! lol

halloweenscene, I've attached pictures of my husband's costume. It's made from the same wool, blue damask and satin as my gown. The idea is although he is the undertaker and I'm the grieving widow, we are both vampires, hee hee... At least we're ready for 2009 now!

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
wicked, that is wonderful. they both turned out awesome. i love to sew too. a lot make props that are fabulous that i could never dream of making, this is something right up my alley. thanks for showing them. you guys will make great looking vampires. just beautiful!

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
It's great to see that the talents of forum members are not just confined to prop making.

These are beautiful costumes Mrs W, worthy of a place on any (black) catwalk:)

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
That dress is simply stunning. You did a beautiful job and you look fabulous in it!!! Enjoy and Be sure and post pics this halloween of you in it:)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts