Halloween Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year, at the beginning of October, we bought two pumpkins. One of which we carved right away but, the other, this huge robust 20 pounder was stout and perfect!

It was such a perfect pumpkin that I wanted it's carving to be as perfect and suiting as it was. A week went by then two. Halloween came and went and I still had not carved him.

A month went by, then another and another and another. I thought the he might just last forever.

This morning... TEN MONTHS LATER... I noticed his first signs of rot. I picked him up for further investigation and his whole bottom had started to rot. We had to put him outside.

I'd never heard of a pumpkin lasting this long. I'll try to get some pictures up before he's completely gone.

Succub'Oz said there was a thread about people who still have pumpkins but I couldn't find it. I want to hear about others who have had pumpkins this long. I could use a support group to help me deal with my loss.

Thanks for listening. :(

·
Registered
180 Posts
I think a moment of silence would be appropriate.
We shall always remember ye fondly Mr. Pumpkin, not for the rotting stench you are sure to produce in the upcoming weeks. Amen.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I'd love to see pics of him! Wow, my pumpkins were all gone y Dec last year.

Mr Pumpkin sure lived a good life...

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all for your 'thoughts and prayers'. I'll be sure to get pics up of the ol' boy before its too late.

I've talked to some specilaists and all agree there's nothing more than can be done. It's believed to be complete system failure.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Not to worry. After an appropriate mourning period, we'll adopt another. Plenty of pumpkins will need a stable loving home.

·
AntiChrist Superstar
1,418 Posts
I to suffered such a loss, I swore I would never get a pumpkin again, I could never go through that pain again, then, I saw, the foam pumpkin, I said no, I cant, It wouldnt be right, then on a dark night, my beloved pumpkins ghost came to me, he said, do it wristslitter, for the kids, for the kids, thats when I knew, it was time, time to stop doing meth.

·
Registered
676 Posts
RIP Mr. Pumpkin. I noticed a small spot on our pumpkin on July 5th, so I went ahead and put her down. She will live on, however, because I took her seeds out. Next year she will have babies!

·
Master of my own Universe
975 Posts
My condolences on your loss. Not the type of pumpkinrot one wants in their halloween display :(

Of course it would be fitting for a tombstone in honor of Mr Pumpkin Esq.

·
The Halloween King
626 Posts
I feel your pain.

Mine lasted till the start of summer.

Surprised it could handle the cold frost and snow of winter, the harsh rain and hail, but give it some mild to hot conditions and he gave up :/

I still think it was interfered with in some way. It was too coincidental he started to die around the time we discovered we had a hedgehog living in our yard.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Yes, rest in peace mr pumpkin. You are king over even PK oh great and noble pumpkin. but no, I've never had a pumpkin last that long.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts