Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How soon is too soon to be decorating for Halloween? I brought everything out and I'm so desperately wanting to put things up, haha. So far I have everything but there's still things I want to buy at the stores. At my job, they haven't even finished up putting up the Halloween props up. I work at Walmart haha. I feel as if there taking forever putting up everything for Halloween. Has anyone set up for Halloween yet? :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am right there with you. I got all of my Halloween items out of my Moms attic last week and Ive been dying to put them all out. LOL I plan on putting everything up this weekend. My husband will be out of town and it will give me something to do.

I usually wait until at least the first of October. But I cant wait any longer. :)

But, I have already seen some homes in my area with all of their Halloween items out!

·
sasquatch
3,076 Posts
I always wait until October First. Then the house gets all haunted. I wait for the yard haunt until later because of theft.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I'm itching to start putting things up as well. My boyfriend is learning to deal with my obsession and how it has taken over the basement and half of the garage lol. I'm going to be putting my stuff up this weekend that is for inside the house and then waiting til the 30th of October to do the yard haunt stuff.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I usually wait until the wee early morning hours of Oct. 1st, and then up goes the Jack Skellington banner, spooky trinkets, Dia de los Muertos/graveyard diorama, haunted portraits, etc in my dorm room. I get so anxious as the first nears, and when midnight strikes it's a wonderful release to proclaim the start of the haunting season. I must say I'm bummed since I don't have any of that stuff with me this year; I took everything back home and had to leave it there for the sake of space when moving back into the dorms. The few items I've purchased in the past week are already up, though, since it seemed silly to put away items I just bought and then put them out two weeks later.

·
CANNIBAL
2,597 Posts
I'm really anxious to start too but hubby says not until October. His birthday is on the 1st, such a shame he'll be helping put up my stuff..lol...j/k. I want to enjoy the build up to Halloween but I just want to go out there and get my stuff going already!!

·
Where wolf?
1,277 Posts
I'm with ya'll on this... want... to... set up now! But if you take a cue from the retailers you can start decorating for Xmas, so go for it! :)

·
Registered
670 Posts
I say do it now if you want to do it now! There are several homes in my neighborhood that have halloween decor out already.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
We love the Fall. But it always seemed like we were busy preparing for our Halloween party and decorating right when the perfect Fall weather was upon us. So this year we vowed to have everyting up and ready before the end of September. So far we are on schedule - the interior of the house is just about done, and most items are ready to go outside. I figure there'll be a few things to set up closer tyo the party and holiday, but overall we're in good shape. We're looking forward to enjoying fall festivals and a getaway during October.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I always wait till the first day of fall which happens to be today so I will be a busy ghoul today.:):)

·
Registered
27 Posts
i already started decorating, the fall is busy for me as i hunt and with all the hayrides and haunted houses, 3 of which are already opened by me.

·
Crawling in my skin
2,236 Posts
I always decorate the inside of the house around the last weekend of September. The outside dosen't get done till the day of Halloween cause of damage from some of my props. I really hate to wait till the day of but don't want to take the chance of getting anything ruined or stolen. I say why wait if you feel like decorating the outside do it, whatever makes ya happy.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I figure if just about every store I'll be walking into from now until 2010 will be bombarding me with Christmas, it's never too early to decorate for Halloween.
I say go for it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
ok thats it... since today is FALL... Its halloween time.. YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH, im dragging the 6 containers out. WOOHOOOOOOOO thanks for saying now guys! HAHAHAHA

·
Registered
31 Posts
i say do it now, because with christmas lights and what not you usually start setting up on thanksgiving day so in my opinion thats about where we are now in relevence to days left before the big day.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I've been decorating indoors slowly for the last week. I quit trying to fight the urge and just gave in! Waiting patiently (sort of) for my beef netting to arrive so I can put up spiderwebs, but will wait until the first week in October before putting anything outdoors, maybe even longer. I just don't trust the North Dakota weather this time of year. I say if you want to decorate, then decorate!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts