Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have 5 props running on vent motors and realized I didn't have any back ups in case one fails. I know madmax used to sell them but I haven't seen him post in awhile. does anyone have a source for these as I'd like to pick up a few for spares and future props.
Thanks..

Sorry if posted in wrong spot...

·
Funeral Crasher
7,443 Posts
I get catalogs from a lot of surplus vendors, but unfortunately I haven't seen any of the vent motors return.

Maybe E-bay? But you'd pay through the nose.

·
Registered
20 Posts
do you have any friends that might work at Chevy dealership, the vent motors are replaced often when they wont calibrate any more

·
Registered
320 Posts
How does the torque compare to a deer motor or a wiper motor on these vent motors?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How does the torque compare to a deer motor or a wiper motor on these vent motors?
Thanks Ghost I had forgotten about the deer motors very similar to one of those. Guess I'll start looking for a couple of those now...

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
I buy them on ebay every niw and then for $5-10, shipping included. Plan ahead.

The torque is in between the other two motors mentioned. A deer motor will reverse itself if the load is too much.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Every now and then I see mad max send a reply on motors, when I reply I get no response. Might be busy. I could use a couple more also.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just ordered a couple of larger "deer" motors. I am interested to see how much torque they have. I'll post something once they come in and I get a chance to bench test them. :)
Thanks Diabolik
Will be looking forward to your results.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts