Halloween Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who use these, could you please answer a couple of questions for me.....

1. Where did you get them?
2. What is your experience with removing them from painted surfaces (namely, interior painted walls)?

The only thing I could find was at Lowe's and they were in the "industrial strength" packaging. Sounds like my walls wouldn't be happy at all! I saw some on Office Depot's website, but they were in packages of 500. Target had nothing.

This did sound like a great idea for decorating with webbing.

Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've never tried them on walls but I find them at craft stores and fabric stores. You usually have to look throughout the store as the ones I go to have different types of velcro in multiple places.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I tried them a few years back on some interior walls. They took the paint right off :mad: I still use velcro but I'm carefull where I use them. I use the industrial strength velcro for some outdoor props that lean against the side of my house. I stick them to the aluminum fascia and some of the velcro pads are still there from 3 years ago! Doesn't 3M make those romovable wall hooks? Maybe that could be a good alternative for what you had in mind?

I get mine from HomeDepot. Jo-ann fabric stores carry a good selection too.

·
Registered
163 Posts
My husband bought ours at Menards. They came in black or white and were in a package of 12 squares. As far as taking them off walls...well, I have had mine on for a few days and I tried peeling one off today. It didn't take any paint or texture off the walls, but it has only been on a few days. I'm a tad nervous about leaving it on until Halloween, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Maybe someone else has some firsthand experience with it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
A good way to get them off your walls without ripping the paint off is with a Q tip soaked in alcohol. Worked for me. They are an excellent way to hang webs. I got mine at Big Lots, set of 12 dots for a buck.

·
Registered
340 Posts
A good way to get them off your walls without ripping the paint off is with a Q tip soaked in alcohol. Worked for me. They are an excellent way to hang webs. I got mine at Big Lots, set of 12 dots for a buck.
now that is a great idea <slaps forehead> Thanks MorbidMariah!

·
The Goddess of Screams
518 Posts
Glad you asked this - I need to get some too, and have only looked at Dollar Tree - I just assumed WalMart would have them.

May run to Big Lots at lunch...

·
Registered
336 Posts
You can buy those at any craft store. Walmart has them too. You can also buy Velcro that doesn't have anything sticky on the opposite side, so you could use something more gentle on your paint to stick it to the wall....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts