Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
I do! I have a black cat Scentportable from Bath & Body Works on my visor that stays up all year, but I switch the scent to something more Autumn-y. I put a Halloween blanket & pillow in my back seat, hang a skeleton from my rearview mirror, put a small JOL in my extra cupholder, etc. I've seen some car magnets on Spirit Halloween shop with me videos that I'm hoping to find too. I usually start putting things in there around October 1st or so.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,330 Posts
I used to have a skelly window cling that went on a back window. Now that I have darker windows I can't use it.

I have a few Halloween magnets & that's it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Also a magnet person. I’ve only ever had one get stolen so I try not to buy the $10 ones from Spirit and look on Amazon instead.

·
Registered
13,499 Posts
I'm doing a dino haunt and thought of creating a temp license plate for my car in the driveway that says DINOSRBK or something like that. I could add a dead body in the car I suppose and blood on the window like he had been attacked in the Park and made it to the safety of the car too late.

hmm somehow when I went to edit I lost the rest of my post grrrr. Had said something like:
I'm tempted to play with bloody clings like dripping blood or bloody handprint. I do remember reading someone's post with photos that they used this kind of stuff all over their new refrigerator and it left red residue all over. I would die if that happened to my white car. :eek: So I was thinking of experimenting with using Saran Wrap first with the cling placed on top if it will stick. If it does, then I would add the clings to the driver's window and maybe handprint on the driver's outside door like he touched it to get in the car.

Maybe some dino footprints near the car and a severed arm nearby would help "halloween-ify" my dino theme more.

·
Registered
184 Posts
The tint makes it too dark to see in my truck so decorating inside is for purely for my enjoyment. Yankee Candle car charms, a skull and bats, that hang from my rearview mirror all year. Put a Halloween themed throw on my backseat for the dogs and a life-sized skeleton in the passenger seat. Hang skeleton bats and in-flight rubber bats. Stocked up on Haunted Hollow Fragrance Spheres - put one in a cup holder one each year - smells amazing after baking in the sun all day!

Over the years I've done different things in the bed:
  • Coffin in the bed of my truck with a towing chain wrapped around it. Threw in a couple of shovels.
  • Bodies rolled in garbage bags, a couple of shovels, a roll of duct tape, some rope. Did this another year, replacing the shovels with cinder blocks and put a "Lake Life" cling on the back glass.
  • Large dog crate in the back with a prop locked inside and hand or paw reaching through the top of the crate. Installed a motion detected scream machine in the crate and set it each time I left the truck when shopping or eating out - so many nosey curious people out there.
  • Strapped a skull and crossbones to the front grille.
  • bloody handprint clings

Future ideas:
  • Red hazardous waste bags with body parts hanging out
  • 55 gal drums with oozing waste, fog or mist
  • Gurney with a body strapped to it

·
Registered
265 Posts
The tint makes it too dark to see in my truck so decorating inside is for purely for my enjoyment. Yankee Candle car charms, a skull and bats, that hang from my rearview mirror all year. Put a Halloween themed throw on my backseat for the dogs and a life-sized skeleton in the passenger seat. Hang skeleton bats and in-flight rubber bats. Stocked up on Haunted Hollow Fragrance Spheres - put one in a cup holder one each year - smells amazing after baking in the sun all day!

Over the years I've done different things in the bed:
  • Coffin in the bed of my truck with a towing chain wrapped around it. Threw in a couple of shovels.
  • Bodies rolled in garbage bags, a couple of shovels, a roll of duct tape, some rope. Did this another year, replacing the shovels with cinder blocks and put a "Lake Life" cling on the back glass.
  • Large dog crate in the back with a prop locked inside and hand or paw reaching through the top of the crate. Installed a motion detected scream machine in the crate and set it each time I left the truck when shopping or eating out - so many nosey curious people out there.
  • Strapped a skull and crossbones to the front grille.
  • bloody handprint clings
Future ideas:
  • Red hazardous waste bags with body parts hanging out
  • 55 gal drums with oozing waste, fog or mist
  • Gurney with a body strapped to it

The bodies in bags is hilarious with Lake Life. 🤣

·
The Haunting Girl
844 Posts
I used to have creepy pumpkin window clings on my windows until they became too faded to use. Also, I used those gel clings one year, but they totally melted and made a huge mess in my car. I had the magnetic "Support Halloween" and "I (heart) Halloween" on my old car, but they faded out and I didn't feel like spending money to replace them. I do have my security spider that lives on my dashboard. When I had my old car and went through inspection it scared the crap out of the guy that was trying to replace my sticker. It's lost almost all of its legs so I do have my next security spider picked out. I have considered just putting spiders all over my car. Part Halloween, part security system...

·
Registered
265 Posts
I used to have creepy pumpkin window clings on my windows until they became too faded to use. Also, I used those gel clings one year, but they totally melted and made a huge mess in my car. I had the magnetic "Support Halloween" and "I (heart) Halloween" on my old car, but they faded out and I didn't feel like spending money to replace them. I do have my security spider that lives on my dashboard. When I had my old car and went through inspection it scared the crap out of the guy that was trying to replace my sticker. It's lost almost all of its legs so I do have my next security spider picked out. I have considered just putting spiders all over my car. Part Halloween, part security system...

Oh I should put spiders on my car. Thats a great idea.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a few Halloween magnets on my car and a skeleton that stays in my car year round. I change his outfit for the holidays.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Saw some of these on HSN last year. They had 12 Skeletons in stock a couple of days ago but apparently having the Haunted House Show this week caused them to sell out. Didn't check shipping but some are cheaper on their own site:

·
The Haunting Girl
844 Posts
Pretty cool but in this day & age, I'm surprised they didn't get pulled over.
I also have one of those fake severed limbs that I hang off my trunk (like I have a body in the trunk and a limb is poking out), but I only did that Halloween night in my driveway for that exact reason. I was never brave enough to drive around with it even though it was pretty fake. I suppose I could do it now with the new car as it's a hatchback and you can see into the rest of the car (harder to hide a body in it).

As for them, I'm not surprised. In my area there was a car that had a ton of stuffed animals all over the outside of it. It was around for years and everyone knew of it. I never got the story behind it, but it was always spotted somewhere for the longest time. I don't know if they ever got pulled over for it, but from the look of it I'm guessing the person/people weren't rich enough to keep paying for tickets just have a car with stuffed animals on it so the cops must have left them alone. I haven't seen it recently, but it was an older model car by the time I knew of it so I'm guessing it finally died and they couldn't fix it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
11 Participants
kuroneko
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing