Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
I am a vegan as well as the rest of my family. I can't eat anything coming from a animal ( i think everyone know that) I also can't have sugar. Well enough about me, my mom says we cannot give out anything that's not vegan. Any one here Vegan or know some vegan candyy?

Typical Ghoul Next Door
According to PETA's website, things like airheads, Dots, Dum Dum lollipops and jolly rancher candy are all vegan. There seems to be a huge amount of things to chose from. The full list is under "Snacks" at this web addy:

http://www.peta.org/living/food/accidentally-vegan/

I don't think you're going to have much luck finding both vegan and sugarless candy without making stuff yourself of spending a ton of money tho. But it looks like many varieties of Lay's potato chips are vegan, so might be an option?

Clarification: Not A Man
Natural Candy Store has a bunch of vegan candy. The offer candy that's dairy-free, gelatin free, honey free, and made with non-bone-char refined sugar.
Not sure about sugar free vegan candy though.

His name is Roger Clyne
Of COURSE those horrid orange & black peanut butter things are on that list. Ugh. Please don't give those out. I mean, not unless you WANT your house egged or TP'd. Can ya tell I'm not fond of 'em? :D

Found this too:
http://vegnews.com/articles/page.do?pageId=995&catId=2

Plenty of stuff out there & available in smaller "Fun Size" packaging too. Twizzlers, Now & Later, Sour Patch Kids, there's plenty out there. You could also just give every kid a Pez dispenser, Pez is vegan too.

The Pez dispensers won't be cheap but it will be different. I've done them the last couple of years along with other stuff too, small toys, rubber ducks, etc.

Registered
Hey everyone,
I am a vegan as well as the rest of my family. I can't eat anything coming from a animal ( i think everyone know that) I also can't have sugar. Well enough about me, my mom says we cannot give out anything that's not vegan. Any one here Vegan or know some vegan candyy?
why punish everyone else? :eek:

His name is Roger Clyne
If he wanted to punish everyone he could give out those orange & black peanut atrocities!!

Though I'm not sure where to get sugar-free vegan candy that isn't homemade.

Registered
If he wanted to punish everyone he could give out those orange & black peanut atrocities!!

Though I'm not sure where to get sugar-free vegan candy that isn't homemade.

RCIAG, Are you referring to those peanut blossoms or whatever they were called that came came wrapped in black and orange waxy paper squares? My brother and I loved peanut butter and loved those. We would have happily taken those off you hands. :D

Nickthetoyguy, depending on your neighborhood and how well they know you, I wouldn't suggest any handmade candies to hand out. I would think any parent would pull that out and toss. Different if it's for a halloween party at your house and your guests would know it's fine to eat.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RCIAG, Are you referring to those peanut blossoms or whatever they were called that came came wrapped in black and orange waxy paper squares? My brother and I loved peanut butter and loved those. We would have happily taken those off you hands. :D

Nickthetoyguy, depending on your neighborhood and how well they know you, I wouldn't suggest any handmade candies to hand out. I would think any parent would pull that out and toss. Different if it's for a halloween party at your house and your guests would know it's fine to eat.
ya. That's what I feared. I guess I will look some more but every candy I see has some sugar :(

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
why punish everyone else? :eek:
I am not punishing everyone else I am trying to make a point and make a stand for animals, my haunt is for charity and I am a huge animal rights activist

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Of COURSE those horrid orange & black peanut butter things are on that list. Ugh. Please don't give those out. I mean, not unless you WANT your house egged or TP'd. Can ya tell I'm not fond of 'em? :D

Found this too:
http://vegnews.com/articles/page.do?pageId=995&catId=2

Plenty of stuff out there & available in smaller "Fun Size" packaging too. Twizzlers, Now & Later, Sour Patch Kids, there's plenty out there. You could also just give every kid a Pez dispenser, Pez is vegan too.

The Pez dispensers won't be cheap but it will be different. I've done them the last couple of years along with other stuff too, small toys, rubber ducks, etc.
Ha lol couldn't agree with ya more!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Natural Candy Store has a bunch of vegan candy. The offer candy that's dairy-free, gelatin free, honey free, and made with non-bone-char refined sugar.
Not sure about sugar free vegan candy though.
That sounds amazing I will proably do that Thanks so much!!!!!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey everyone,
ya, I will proably do lays or something closer to that. Unfortuanetly peta considers sugar vegan which is totally not peta makes mistakes all the time :mad:

Registered
I am not punishing everyone else I am trying to make a point and make a stand for animals, my haunt is for charity and I am a huge animal rights activist
my post was slightly in jest, I dont want to start any kind of debate but in all seriousness, most people wouldnt like or care for that kind of treat, especially at Halloween. Some sugar free candy can give people, um, how can I say this.........well, the "runs", and I personally wouldnt want my haunt to be remembered as the haunt that got someone sick, or at the very least the haunt that gave out nasty treats. With that said, I also believe in animal rights but I also like steak.

Anyway, of course you do what you need to do for your beliefs and I support you in those beliefs and I wish you all the luck and hope you find the treats that suit your situation.

His name is Roger Clyne
Yes, those orange & black peanut abominations some call Peanut Butter Kisses. You could have ALL of mine. I liked getting pennies better than getting those things. But then I'm not a huge fan of nuts in candy in general. These things. Ick.:p:D

Some sugar is vegan but not all. I'd guess that white sugar isn't but some raw sugars & things like agave are vegan.

I don't care whether kids like what I give out or not, I give out what I give out & if they want to trade or trash it's not my problem. But I DO give out full sized candy bars along with smaller toys & smaller candies like Now & Laters. It's all in a cute little bag so if they want to trash that too they can. Even if I gave out sugar free whatever or vegan whatever, once it's in their bag it's outta my hands.

I will also say that I used to trash those sesame seed things that some health nut on the block gave out. I don't know if anyone ever told her that we trashed it but we did. These things. They could be vegan unless you're a super strict vegan & don't do honey.

Registered
Sugar free and vegan - I don't think you're going to find candy that will fit that bill that won't be completely gross. Some potato chips or something along those lines maybe. Perhaps instead do a non food option? Stickers and temporary tattoos, pencils. Google the teal pumpkin project, they are run by an agency that helps research food allergies, they have lots of ideas on what can be handed out that would be inclusive of kids with allergies who can't have candy, as well as other specialty diets, like those who are vegan.

Not sure how sugar isn't vegan though. I know a lot of white sugar uses bone char in the refinement, but there are companies that don't.

Registered
I stay far away from anything sugar free because of concerns about the alternatives that are used, gastrointestinal distress being one of them, weird chemicals being another. If you guys are in for some LOLs, check out the reviews for sugar free gummi bears on Amazon. They aren't vegan, but the reviews tell hilarious tales of the woes sugar free candy can bring! It's trolling at it's best! http://www.amazon.com/Haribo-Gummi-...ywords=sugar+free+gummy+bears#customerReviews

I second the idea of giving out non food items. With a name like Nickthetoyguy, I think it'd be a shame for you to not give toys out instead! What kind of candy do you eat? Is it sold in individual packaging that would work for TOTing?

Kitchen/Green Witch
I'm not fully vegan, but I'm vegetarian... would just do toys, too, if I were you. It would be much easier on you and vegan friendly! I always give out little bags of toys, stickers and candy. Go to Dollar Tree, Big Lots, Dollar General or whatever you have near you and get the bags of little Halloween toys, stickers, ect. Kids will get soooo much candy, anyway, and little toys and such would give them something to play with and keep! I think the kids would be happier with toys than sugar free vegan candy. The chip bags would be a fun idea, too!! I try to stay away from artificial sweeteners...

Registered
...If you guys are in for some LOLs, check out the reviews for sugar free gummi bears on Amazon. They aren't vegan, but the reviews tell hilarious tales of the woes sugar free candy can bring! It's trolling at it's best! http://www.amazon.com/Haribo-Gummi-...ywords=sugar+free+gummy+bears#customerReviews
Best laugh in a long time, some of those making my jaw ache:D Thanks for sharing those humorous reviews.

I'm not fully vegan, but I'm vegetarian... would just do toys, too, if I were you.
Same here. I agree with a non-food alternative likely being the best possible way to go. In addition to a sticker and small toy (spider ring or rubber bat, perhaps?), you could also opt to throw in a pencil (kids practically eat those, some literally) and temporary tattoo.

His name is Roger Clyne
I stay far away from anything sugar free because of concerns about the alternatives that are used, gastrointestinal distress being one of them, weird chemicals being another. If you guys are in for some LOLs, check out the reviews for sugar free gummi bears on Amazon. They aren't vegan, but the reviews tell hilarious tales of the woes sugar free candy can bring! It's trolling at it's best! http://www.amazon.com/Haribo-Gummi-...ywords=sugar+free+gummy+bears#customerReviews
I learned this the hard way. You generally only do it once. Only once. I ate about 20 pieces of sugar-free salt water taffy.

Never.

Ever.

Again.

Ever.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts