Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ARE YOU FEELING A CHILLY SENSATION FROM THE TOP OF YOUR CRANIUM TO THE TIP OF YOUR FIBULA? DO YOU SUFFER FROM COLD-HEART SYNDROME SOON AFTER NEW YEAR'S ARRIVAL? DO THE FRIGID FINGERS OF WINTER GRIP YOUR THROAT... uh hem, Uh I mean GRIP YOUR THOUGHTS AND CAUSE YOU TO WONDER IF YOU WILL EVER FEEL THE WARM SENSATION OF THE HOT SUN ON YOUR FACE EVER AGAIN?

Well then -- it MUST BE TIME ONCE AGAIN FOR VAMPIRE VALENTINES - 2019!
Take a bite out of your winter doldrums and after holiday blues - share some love - just in time for Valentine's Day!

It's fun - It's easy - a great way to warm up your iced over winter heart!

Here is how it works:
Post in this thread if you wish to exchange valentine greetings with other Halloween Forum members, and indicate if you have a mailing limit for the number of valentines you wish to send out and where you're willing to mail to... USA, USA & Canada, Everywhere and Anywhere. It can be a letter, greeting card, postcard or note - handmade or store bought. We love them all! - SOOOO TRUE
Then exchange addresses via private message with others who wish to exchange valentines, have fun!

Aiming for a mailing deadline of February 9th to get the the Valentines to their intended on time for Valentines Day ~ it falls on a Thursday this year. Here's wishing the next few weeks of winter will be a little bit warmer thanks to sharing the love with Vampire Valentines!

NOW - let the love bites begin! Buwaa ha haaaa!

1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had a terrible wind storm come through Saturday night everything survived but a few branches power was out for over 12 hours not bad other nearby are still out. Down to only one road still closed so with that said bumping this up the list till it gets pinned.

Come on has to be more then just me and Ladyfrog that want to exchange.

1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That storm was craaazy! Glad you made it through safely!

If it's just us, I'll send you a really big card ��
LOL... sounds good, maybe I'll come up with something really special if it's only us exchanging but I have confidence a few more of the regulars will pop in soon. Most likely still getting their Krampus decorations put away.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Our hearts are pumpkin shaped , got plenty of stamps for hallowtines
Will send anywhere no limit

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yes yes - anywhere and a limit of 10 ( but I need to know no later than 31st January to cover delivery time to the states)

·
Jumpin' Jack Flash
1,295 Posts
i've always thought about joining the gift exchange/card exchange/etc. and i've never done it, but i may bite the bullet and give this one a shot. i would probably limit geographically to US (mostly because i honestly have no idea the procedure for mailing elsewhere) but unless we think there's going to be a huge glut of requests, i won't put a limit on number.

1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
also, will there be a list of recipients, or how does that part work?
Card exchanges work by folks wanting to exchange sending a PM with a request to exchange and their personal snail mail info. Never post personal info in a thread always use the personal messaging (PM). The person upon opening and reading the PM then agrees or doesn't to exchange. If they agree they PM back with their info. If they don't they will usually say something Like Sorry I've reached my limit or I'm limiting myself to the US or some other reason. When I first joined in I only sent to people who PM'd me. It let me test the waters. Now I jump in PMing anyone who hasn't gotten to me first.

In all my years doing exchanges, goodness has it been 9 years, I can't recall a time I had someone say no. However I did say no once to someone who proved they were not "playing" fair. Requesting an exchange with no intention of sending cards back.

As for sending overseas... It tends to work the same as sending local just needs an international stamp and takes longer to get to where they are going so need to be send out earlier.

Hope that answers your questions

1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As a side note has anyone else noticed the rise in My Bloody Valentine haunted houses? Frog just got an phone alert that a haunt about 3 hours away, in Kelso WA will have a candle lite Valentine haunt the weekend before V-day. We heard about a second, Love Bites Haunt in Portland, OR about 4 hours away doing something similar.

·
Jumpin' Jack Flash
1,295 Posts
Card exchanges work by folks wanting to exchange sending a PM with a request to exchange and their personal snail mail info. Never post personal info in a thread always use the personal messaging (PM).
d'oh! i don't know why it didn't occur to me that posting a list of recipients would require everyone to post their addresses in-thread. PM's the way to go for sure.

1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There has been a very noticeable decline in the numbers for both the card exchanges and the reaper exchanges. Considering how popular Halloween has become it's a wonder why fewer people join in. The thought on the reaps is thanks to the USPS's continuing rise in postage. As for the card exchanges maybe it's because some think they need to be creative and make their cards... NOT so, while I love seeing the creativeness of people, I love getting snail mail in any form BUT a BILL more :D

I happen to find an old list from one of my first exchanges and so many on that list have just dropped off. vampy valentine bunny.jpg

·
Registered
125 Posts
It is a shame that many people aren't joining in on this one - one got a couple. I like to try and be creative, but as you say any snail mail really cheers me up! Maybe its just that time of year and some people are not logging !?!
Hope we do get a couple more! ;)

1 - 20 of 101 Posts