Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my first styrofoam clay sculpture. I'm going to make a static prop for the party and spook walk.
Her eyes are a little messed up right now, but hopefully after the eyelashes it won't look so weird!!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used a styrofoam head and cut the eyes and top lip off. Sculpted with air drying clay. Panicked in the morning when I woke up and saw the cracks....so I glazed it with Elmer's and an acrylic glaze. The eyes and teeth are Sculpey. Painted with 2 coats of off white. I need to do some research on hands now!

·
Registered
267 Posts
That's where I'm at, what to do about hands. Could use the paper mache to make them around a wire armature, but that sure sounds like a lot of work, and need to do two! Maybe stuffed gloves? And on my witch head I didn't cut the eyes out, maybe I should have, but next time I'll do that.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a set (actually two) of snot rag hands that I have made over the years so I'll probably start with one of those and make them nicer. I looked at fake nails today at wally world, and I'm sorry, but I am not spending $5 on my vampiress' nails!! I'm such a cheap yankee

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here is my second attempt at clay over foam head. She came out better I think. I am going to make her into an old crow lady with birds all over her

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Good job Spooky!
What route have you decided to go with the hands?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I need to get a update pic of the vampiress. I did her hands in clay over coat hangers and tape. They came out pretty decent, although a little thin.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts