Halloween Forum banner

21 - 40 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks Booswife and Hilda. I will check out the links :) I also remember a Fall Festival/ Carnival at my elementary school when I was in 2nd grade. They had the coolest haunted house... well, at the time I thought it was. It is such a magical time of year... everything about the Fall. I am really blessed to be able to volunteer this way. Truly, I enjoy it. And I can't wait o see the kids' (and teachers and parents) reactions.

I'll be sure to take lots of pix to post here.

On a side note, I started working on my own version of stained glass gothic windows for the scene today as well. Things are coming along. Love the idea of the moon.

It's great this is geared towards kids, because it's such a nice opportunity to make it "spooky" without having to be scary. Loving it.
http://www.pinterest.com/berniceeast/vampire-castle/

This is my vampire board on pinterest. I am doing a vampire scene as well. I have a covered front porch and will be putting my scene there. Going to give those pool noodle arch windows a try and box the whole porch in like a room.

I think some of my pics could be adapted to your scene. I like the idea of a giant moon with bats for you. It is little kids so you don't want anything to scary. You could probably use a table cloth and just paint one. I also like the cardboard fireplace and grandfather clock for you because you wouldn't have to worry about storage you could just trash them after. I also love the dollar tree table cloths made to look like stone walls. That would be cheap and easy enough to pull off in large quanities for a scene setter.

so glad you started this thread. It is so hard to find vampire scenes, especially ones that are not gory and crazy

You are doing a wonderful thing for these kids. My Mom tells a story about a Halloween carnival at her Elementary school when she was a child. She still says it was one of the best days of her life. She is a Halloween nut also. Just think you may inspire a little kid to be junkies like us!!!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
And, since you showed me yours, I'll show you mine ;)
http://www.pinterest.com/LizEventPlanner/halloween-draculas-dinner-party/
This is my inspiration board for the Vampire's Dinner Party scene. Dracula gets quite a large portion of our 1600 sf haunted house. First of all, it's "his" castle the kids will be visiting. So little tidbits of Vampire will be throughout the whole thing. There is a room dedicated to 2 coffins, one empty, one with Dracula resting. I guess this is Dracula's bedroom. (?) Kids will ask: "Where's the other vampire"? Well: He is hosting a dinner party in the next room, but will sneak out from a dark corner to greet them. That next room will be reached after going through a hallway filled with dim red light and bats all over the ceiling. The dinner party scene will be fun. lots of red and black, lots of candles, and fine dinnerware set out.

Let's keep sharing ideas!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Printed up off Block Posters.com this lovely portrait of the Count. This is inside a plastic frame (formerly a broken mirror) that I found on the side of the road dumpster diving. Measures over 2 feet high... by about 2 feet wide. It looks FAB!

Haunted House progress Dracula Things 002 Count Dracula Portrait.jpg

Almost done with my red PVC candles:

Haunted House progress Dracula Things 001 red pvc candles.jpg

And made two black and red gothic "windows" to hang in the coffin/bedroom of haunted house.

Haunted House progress Dracula Things 003 gothic windows.jpg

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
love this prop I think it will look great in a vampire lair type setting also the coffin looks pretty cool too with that red silk inner linning.

Also the count prop I recommend him he is made by gag studios he is very scary and his eyes seem to follow you as you past by.

Attachments

·
Registered
526 Posts
Great start. If you want more complicated (looking) stained glass windows on the cheap, try sharpies on clear report covers.
Paint works well too or my son even made one once with with oil pastels but then you have to lay down tissue paper on the back to keep it from smearing.
Here are some of my weird/funny ideas:
Elementary boys (and even girls) would get the joke if you did a tie-in somewhere to Batman. Maybe a cardboard 'closet' in the coffin room that has a t-shirt that says 'The ORIGINAL Batman' or a sign somewhere in the castle that says 'Welcome to the Bat Cave.'
You could do a pet room/area - a la under the stairs on the Munsters. If you did the stairs in cardboard connected to a pulley you could give the kids a chance to pull the cord and look inside. Have the rest of the area decorated with monster-pet worthy supplies - Huge collar, pet bowls, huge bones (papier-mâché over pool noodles and newspaper ball form) big scratch marks and something with a BIG bite out it. (Edit: or even singed if pet appropriate... and a dragons tail could be fun to make as the bit seen under the stairs)
A bat-friendly room? Build a space upside down ei smaller scale furniture hanging from the ceiling. It could be where the vampire relaxes while in bat form. Think the kids would get a kick out of looking up at it all. Then freak them out by having them watch their step thru the bat pooped floor -covering the floor with some dirt and bigger great stuff piles topped with dirt.

Okay, I'll wait to weird you out with anymore... Lol:eek:

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Slash, were did you find those props. I love the man!!!
the guy can be found online just search the count Halloween prop he is priced different so check around ebay has it

the vampire in the coffin is from http://www.midnightstudiosfx.com/
here is the link
http://www.midnightstudiosfx.com/#!statues-3-/c6he

She is very well made and you get what you pay for I bought from this site and love their props Kyle is the guy who makes them you could always call him up before ordering.

21 - 40 of 145 Posts