Halloween Forum banner

Rate the costue on a scale from 1-5!

• 1-Really? You're going to go out in that?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2-Needs work

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3-Not bad, but some TLC would be nice!

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • 4-Pretty cool, but could use some improvement

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • 5-TOTALLY WICKEDLY AWESOME!

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Happy Early Halloween everyone! I hope all of you are having an eerie time perfecting your spooky outfits. This year, I am going to be attending the Las Vegas Halloween Parade(http://www.thelasvegashalloweenparade.com/) as the stereotypical Vampire Slayer! I've been hard at work perfecting this one, and am just looking for some feedback or suggestions. So, without further adieu, here is my costume!

I used velcrow stripping to create various slots through the jacket for stakes, holy water, etc.

Inspiration was heavily drawn from such characters as:Blade from Marvel;Van Helsing from The 2004 Hugh Jackman Film;Alucard from Helsing. It's sort of a marriage of all these characters. I also have a shotgun I will post pictures of at a later time and stylized sunglasses. Let me know your thoughts everyone!

Happy Haunting!

P.S. My apologies for the typo in the Poll! I can't figure out how to edit it. XD

·
Registered
576 Posts
You put lots of work into it and your outfit looks great! The low-flat-wide hat is especially effective. Only thing I can think of commenting on is to "rough up" the jacket. It's new and shiny and slick but looks like it hasn't seen much slaying-action. Maybe add some scuffs, dirt, claw marks, bite marks, etc. Enjoy the parade and be sure to share pics!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You put lots of work into it and your outfit looks great! The low-flat-wide hat is especially effective. Only thing I can think of commenting on is to "rough up" the jacket. It's new and shiny and slick but looks like it hasn't seen much slaying-action. Maybe add some scuffs, dirt, claw marks, bite marks, etc. Enjoy the parade and be sure to share pics!
I will be sure to do just that! Thanks for the comments and suggestions. Most appreciated. ^_-

·
Registered
543 Posts
Looks really good! Maybe add some neck protection, though opting out of that for Vegas would certainly be understandable. Heat exhaustion/stroke makes it rather difficult to fight vampires.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Costumes cool, but until i saw the hammer and stake, vampire slayer wouldn't have come to mind (if ya had not already told me)
Some idea's to help sell your charictor.

strings of garlic around the neck
vampire tooth necklace
qwiver of stakes on your back
priest collar
big cross on the hat
dirt/dust cobwebs on the costume (from tromping through cripts)
neck protection
Just a thought. nice work.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I totally agree. It needs some real "breaking in" and distressing. Not just the coat, but the hat and everything. A bit of flat paint and some sandpaper could help (or a cheese grater, but be careful with that), just remember that you want it to look used and abused, not cheap and flimsy. It'll be great. I don't really think you need the obvious garlic, stake, cross, etc... most people (especially young ones) are smart enough to figure it out without going overboard. You wanna be cool, not smell like an Italian kitchen. :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Your comments are always appreciated. ^_- I don't know if I want to take a cheese grater to this really nice jacket, but I can try to come up with some "not so permanent" solutions to dirty it up!

·
Registered
29 Posts
:D lol! it's tough to get past that shiny and new stage isn't it? Once you do, you'll start looking at costumes in movies a whole new way!

Shoe polish can stain if the surface is absorbent. Maybe try some hand lotion or hair gel dusted with baby powder, and then crinkle it up to make warn looking cracks? It won't last long, but maybe for the night. Just don't go rubbing elbows with the goths in black, or you may need those weapons!

`Wing
(who knows why Penny Rose is the Goddess of the Wardrobe Dept.)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts