Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Obssessed Haunter
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I may be biting off more than I can chew here ....

I would like to make a vampire that can be 'on' the wall. And I want it to move.
Whether I just make its mouth and head move ....
It would be soooo coool to have it move across the wall. At least a foot or so.
I can make the vampire and I could make it out of foam and latex, so it would be fairly light weight.

Question is..... how would I make it move across the wall? It would probably be easier to suspend it and move it that way ?
I think I can handle making the head and mouth move, if I use servos.

I have a couple ideas but I don't know if the mechanics of what I am thinking would work.... What do you all think ? Any ideas ?

·
Registered
66 Posts
How about a modified axwothy setup. instead of the rims being horizontal make them vertical. Have both wires running thru the prop. The top one attached to the prop, the lower one running thru a tube which is connected to the prop for stability.

·
Registered
51 Posts
most people dont have much room to work with especially in a home haunt environment so i think i would try a rodless air cylinder. if i had the use of an air compressor. you can get many different sizes but they are a little more expensive try ebay just seen an auction end for 2 24in $68.00 1 of them a 3 way solenoid and whatever you have to trigger it and you are good to go
and you haven't taken up much room

·
Registered
51 Posts
she said in the post about 1 foot she could use a double acting 12in cylinder and move it.
she can go even cheaper and have some pulleys set up on each side of the wall and have someone out of site move them that would be really cheap.

i guess there are so many ways you can go without knowing more does she want it triggered with a sensor or move it manually. air or electric.

i build with air so most of my thinking is with air and electronics

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
The only thing I can think of at the moment is a lever and a big hole in the wall. Sorry. Love your idea and can't wait to see what you come up with.

·
Registered
591 Posts
How about some garage track mounted to the wall and then the garage "wheels" that go on the track and mounted to the prop and to move it some motors on each end and some pulley or wheel to pull it left then right. other way would be like an axworthy rig with track again and in would crawl around the room. It's getting me thinking as I'm going to do some vampire or spider theme.

·
Obssessed Haunter
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like the agrage door track idea ! I thought about a drawer pull, but thats too light weight.
thanks daddywoof ! I may check into that.

halloweenrocks08.. a hole in the wall isnt an issue either. or I can make a 'fake' wall.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts