Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a project I was working on. A Vampire Hunting Kit. I'm really happy with how it turned out, so I thought I would share it.
I followed Stiltbeast Studios how-to video pretty closely. (Love his videos. So funny.)

I bought the little faux 'suitcase' at Michaels on a good sale. I gave it a little makeover to look more Vampire Hunter-ish. haha

IMG_6843.jpg

I am thrilled that I was able to either salvage from around the house or find the other items at Dollar Tree. I then embellished them per the video.
One lesson learned is to wear gloves while using leather stain. LOL

IMG_6846.jpg

IMG_6851.jpg

IMG_6847.jpg

Here is a link to the how-to. Allen Hopps is a genius and his youtube channel, Stiltbeast Studios, is a treasure trove of fantastic how-to videos for haunters.

·
Far Away Eyes
3,354 Posts
I love the antiquing technique and how it makes your project so realistic and aged. And thank you for the link to the Stiltbeast projects. I have been watching him all morning. :D

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Very nicely done! It's all aged beautifully and has the perfect "feel"!
I can sympathize with the stain issue. I hate wearing gloves when I work, and a large percentage of the time, my hands show it. :rolleyes:
I just made a bunch of stakes last week, myself. Fortunately wood stain comes off a little more quickly than leather stain does.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Agreed! Very impressive reproduction. I incorporated his corpsing method on a skeleton. Very personable, easy to follow, and entertaining videos.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Great timing for me !! I just ran across an old silverwear chest that I am planning on doing the vampire kit with. Yours looks awesome !!

·
Registered
117 Posts
There you go again, creating something that looks fantastic and making my "want-to-do-that" list longer. :) It really does look awesome!!! Congrats on a great prop.

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you all so much! This creepy prop building is so much fun.

A silverware chest is an awesome idea! That would make a great vampire hunting kit. I also think that would be great for some kind of instrument kit for my laboratory. Now I must find one.

The to-do list never does end... does it?! :D

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hilda, great work on the vampire hunting kit! Love how aged it looks!
I'm also a big fan of Stiltbeast Studios. At transworld on Saturday, I am taking a class with Allen. Can't wait!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts