Halloween Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a project I was working on. A Vampire Hunting Kit. I'm really happy with how it turned out, so I thought I would share it.
I followed Stiltbeast Studios how-to video pretty closely. (Love his videos. So funny.)

I bought the little faux 'suitcase' at Michaels on a good sale. I gave it a little makeover to look more Vampire Hunter-ish. haha

Electronics Technology Box Antique Games

I am thrilled that I was able to either salvage from around the house or find the other items at Dollar Tree. I then embellished them per the video.
One lesson learned is to wear gloves while using leather stain. LOL

Musical instrument accessory Box Everyday carry Tool Measuring instrument

Furniture Antique Wood

Box Razor Everyday carry

Here is a link to the how-to. Allen Hopps is a genius and his youtube channel, Stiltbeast Studios, is a treasure trove of fantastic how-to videos for haunters.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Very nicely done! It's all aged beautifully and has the perfect "feel"!
I can sympathize with the stain issue. I hate wearing gloves when I work, and a large percentage of the time, my hands show it. :rolleyes:
I just made a bunch of stakes last week, myself. Fortunately wood stain comes off a little more quickly than leather stain does.

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you all so much! This creepy prop building is so much fun.

A silverware chest is an awesome idea! That would make a great vampire hunting kit. I also think that would be great for some kind of instrument kit for my laboratory. Now I must find one.

The to-do list never does end... does it?! :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.