Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello!

so yesterday i finally got my scarecrow fangs - i’ve used them before and they rock, except the glue wouldn’t stay on properly and i ran out of materials. Today i bought denture glue in hopes it would help, but it’s NOT holding on at ALL — it just sticks to my gums and doesn’t hold onto the fangs no matter how long i hold them in. i’m a slacker, i know, halloween’s tomorrow, but can anyone help? i heard of thermoplastic but i don’t think i can buy some irl - it all seems to be online and shipping isn’t fast. help?

·
Registered
71 Posts
hello!

so yesterday i finally got my scarecrow fangs - i’ve used them before and they rock, except the glue wouldn’t stay on properly and i ran out of materials. Today i bought denture glue in hopes it would help, but it’s NOT holding on at ALL — it just sticks to my gums and doesn’t hold onto the fangs no matter how long i hold them in. i’m a slacker, i know, halloween’s tomorrow, but can anyone help? i heard of thermoplastic but i don’t think i can buy some irl - it all seems to be online and shipping isn’t fast. help?
If they fangs are smooth plastic you may need to rough them up a bit for the denture glue to hold. Try a scouring pad (preferably one without soap lol), steel wool, or sand paper to rough up the area glue comes into contact with.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I agree with Larry. It could be that the plastic is too smooth. Real dentures are generally a little rough where they come into contact with gums and the roof of the mouth so the denture adhesive sticks better to them and your gums. Roughing up the plastic should help make the adhesive stick.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts