Halloween Forum banner
21 - 40 of 130 Posts

· Vlad the Impaler
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
updates!

OK so I decided to get the 3rd jacket. I found it for about $30 cheaper ona another sight. But since my birthday is coming up I'm gunna see if I can get it as a present ;). I'm sure my family thinks I'm strange that I ask for Halloween items for my Birthday but I'm sure you guys understand. haha!

As for the shoes I decided I want somewthing Taller. Try about 7 inches taller!! Found these for about $84 with free shipping. I actually like the straps on these.
Demonia Stack 308 - Black PU - Free Shipping & Return Shipping
They'll make me over 6 feet! yes!!

And than the hair. I decided to go with Harajuku style hair. For those of you how are unfamiliar with what Harajuku is, it the Japanese styles that have really crazy hair. Japanese Band Der En Grey is a good example og this. So I found some picture of some ideas. (See attached photos)
The colors will be diffrent but it's going to be something alon the lines of the first ones. Probaly black blue as the main heir color with a huge section of white and than MAnic Panic Vampire Red and Purple Haze streaks
Black & Blue™
Virgin Snow™
Vampire Red™
Purple Haze™
Of course my hair will have to be long and I only have 4 months to grow it... which means...extensions:( . Yep i said it I'm getting extensions for a month. I was reading about it online and youd be suprised how many guys in Hollywood have extensions to cover up blading. So I'm a little worried/ excited about that. Theres no excaping it though. Since I'm Robin right now at Six Flags I can only grow my hair so long. I could wera a wig but I hate them and it would be hard to fin that style. so theres the costume update! Please feel free to leave your comments or questions!

· kakos
7,225 Posts
Shoes kinda remind me of Frankenstein's monster but definitely goth.

I'm partial to black hair, but red for sure would be awesome. I'm not going black for mine, but pretty close with some red streaks.

· Vlad the Impaler
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Shoes kinda remind me of Frankenstein's monster but definitely goth.

I'm partial to black hair, but red for sure would be awesome. I'm not going black for mine, but pretty close with some red streaks.
My hair is black already. Actually it's blue black but it looks more blue now than black:D. So I just decided might as well do that. But I think on top I'll have a huge chunk of white and than the red and purple streaks all over. Been looking at extensions and think the best thing to do is to by blonde extensions so I ccan ad the streaks without bleaching them and than dyeing the reaming part to match my actual hair.

· kakos
7,225 Posts
My hair is black already. Actually it's blue black but it looks more blue now than black:D. So I just decided might as well do that. But I think on top I'll have a huge chunk of white and than the red and purple streaks all over. Been looking at extensions and think the best thing to do is to by blonde extensions so I ccan ad the streaks without bleaching them and than dyeing the reaming part to match my actual hair.
Putting extensions in is a good idea. I bought some from Ulta
Ulta.com - Easilites - Grape Jelly

They have a small clip that you can cover easily with your own hair. They have a bunch of colors. But if you want to dye any of them definitely get blonde or white if they have. They have more colors in the store if you have one by you. I have black and red.

Here's also if you have a Sally Beauty supply by you, if not you can order (cheaper than Ulta).
Sally - Silver Hi-Lite Long Clip-In Synthetic Hair Extensions

Obviously you can trim these to the length you want.

· Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,961 Posts
OK, here's the front runner for the outfit for my vampire costume this year. Decided to go a little Goth/Victorian (I guess you could call it). The jacket has lapels, collar, cuffs and back insert of "blood-red" taffeta, and corset-type lacing up the back. The skirt is just a basic black long skirt, but I like the Victorian feel of the ruffles without a bustle. ('Cause my bustle doesn't need to be made ANY bigger, if you catch my drift! ;) )

Jacket front:

http://www.gloomth.com/images/IMGP7699.jpg

and back:

http://www.gloomth.com/images/IMGP7703.jpg

Skirt:

http://www.gloomth.com/images/glupdate_15_.jpg

And how it looks together:

http://www.gloomth.com/images/107.jpg

I found a tutorial on You-Tube where a woman makes the 'dark circles' under and around her eyes from a red eyeshadow, and uses red glitter on the lids...I'm not describing it very well, but it looks good on. Here's the link if you'd like to see. Note: PLEASE pay no attention to this person's idea of 'fangs'....you'll see what I mean if you watch it.....:eek:

The questions I have for you guys are:

What kind of shoes? Clunky Goth? Boots? High heels? Flats?

What kind of hair? My own silver color, or a black long wig, or a black and red as shown in the picture of the complete outfit?

And I am really set on getting contacts. Would blood-red contacts be too much red? Or would the "LeStat" type of pale pale blue be better? I'm so excited to start collecting the pieces and see how they look. Let me know what you think!!

Thanks!!!

· jester girl
18,198 Posts
oh look, she got some grab bag vampire teeth. lol. hooch, it seems i remember you have some nice vampire teeth. okay, i love her lips and eyes. she could have done better on the blood dripping from her mouth. i would vote pale blue for the contacts. your outfit is fabulous. i love love love ruffles. your skirt is fabulous and so is the jacket. for shoes i am thinking clunkey, tie up the front, old fashioned goth.

· jester girl
18,198 Posts
oh, i forgot about your hair. i think someting punk. maybe a wig like david bowie wore in the labrynth. but have it black with a touch of red. i have a couple of wigs like that and they have led lights implanted in the strands of hair. all my haunters go wild about them

· livin Halloween every day
1,990 Posts
I just looked at your costume idea and watched the video. The costume i think is looks very nice and i would for sure go with the boots with it. I think the makeup looks very good and also agree that i would do the lestat type eyes rather than the blood red. Hope you post pictures when you get it all done.

· Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,961 Posts
And this morning I realized that I sort of horned in here on Freak's thread....and now I'm embarrassed :eek:.

Forgive me Freak, and thanks to all for your input!

· Wunderfully Wiccaned
541 Posts
I was so enjoying this thread, and then I watched that video... WHAT was she thinking with those teeth? I couldn't watch it after I saw them. SOOOO horrible. SOOOO Funny. my gf did her makeup better than that for halloween last year, and she was just the Evil Queen of Hearts....

This was her "day" look. She added Glitter for her evening look at the actual party we threw.

· Vlad the Impaler
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I really like the costume Hooch it looks great!! Please feel free to also post questions on this thread I have no problem with it.

I think those teeth in the video ruined it though. good lord!! haha
Got my boots in today if I could only find that stupid camera. And yes they are 7 inch platforms. Pics soon...when I find the camera.

· Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,961 Posts
Yep, the teeth really ruined the effect, didn't they? :rolleyes: But I still like the basic idea of the reddened area around the eye instead of the traditional grey/black. Kind of like your brown shading, Freak. And I think the red glitter eyelids just ROCK.

Mandathewitch, your friend's makeup was gorgeous, very well done. Thanks for the picture.

· Vlad the Impaler
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
agreed. The tutorial is really good and I dig the red. I'm gunna ad some subtle shades of red this year my self to bring out the red in my eyes. :) Like you said I'm not into the grey and black look for a vampire. I think thats more along the lines of a zombie or ghost.

· kakos
7,225 Posts
Hooch thanks for sharing that video. I'm doing the vampire thing too. Here are the shoes I'm 99% sure I'll be ordering soon.

GD can't wait to see the shoes, make sure you put them on and take a pic for us so we can see them on you.

21 - 40 of 130 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.