Halloween Forum banner

Vampire costume 09

25973 Views 129 Replies 28 Participants Last post by  hallorenescene
Been looking for new costume ideas for this years vampire. This will also be the costume I'll be wearing for fright fest this year. So far I'm thinking of a Goth Metal vicotrian vampire. Know what I mean? If you dont know I mean someting closley resembling this

Diffrent hair and diffrent boots. I think those boots have too many straps and it's the first thing you see. I want platform boots but notsomething as distracting so I found these at Hottopic
http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/store/product_zoom_display4.jsp
THey still look goth and not to distracting from the costume and I think there good at 3 inches lol.

Pants I have some black skinny jeans that I'm going to paint silver pinstripes on too.

Have a deep blood red shirt and a black vest

Also have three things of finger armor that I got in January.

as for the tie have have a black silk tie but I found this and thought it's kinda cool and has that gothic metal victorian look.

I think it would look good.

Contacts...one word....Sclera's. Scelara contacts cover the entire eye eye and usually cost about $300. I found these that I think are perfect for a vampire and the price is actually not bad compared to the price for some.
Dracul Custom Contact Lenses | Sclera Contacts | Grimm Brothers Halloween Specialty Store |

Ok now the jacket. I want a tail coat but with a metal victorian twist. I have found a few. Dont want to spend any thing over $130 since the contacts will be a pretty penny. I have found quite a few so I want yalls opinion on this. Put in mind the look I'm going for.

Coat1 $59.00
This is the first one I found and as I look at it I like it less that the ones I have found now. The back could easily be cut into the clasic tail look and for about$59 is a steal.

Coat2 $74.99
This one is actualy a shirt but I think it has a jacket look. Also it has an advantage that since I'm outside all day it can get HOT. So a thin material might be a good thing I also like the back of it.
http://www.retroscopefashions.com/images/mens/TP00031.jpg
only problem is the front which buttons up. But I think it would be ok to leave it open. I could probaly figure something out

Coat3 $129.99
I really like this one. Not so much the price but somtimes you have to pay for good things. It doesnt have that "traditonal" tail look but it's still longer in the back which matters. I especially like the back
http://www.retroscopefashions.com/images/mens/1CT00019.jpg

Tell me what you guys think! Opinions, Ideas, questions. Not just the coats but the whole costum in genral. It looks like things I'll have to buy will be boots, Jacket, and contacts and possibly the ascot thing. Like I said I hate spending money.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,931 Posts
Once again Freak, you are my go-to-guy for vampire ideas. One way or another, if it's the last thing I do, I AM going to have contacts of some sort to complete my vampire costume. I just can't decide the design. LeStat? Blood red? The totally cool Dracul sclera contacts you linked on?? I just don't know yet. And I love the Victorian Goth look. ( Not sure if I want the metal :eek:) I definitely want Goth, but I'm still deciding between Victorian and a more modern look. I want to keep to a black and silver with red accents color scheme, and have seen a few interesting wigs on line:
Evilene Wig - Sexy Vampire Costume Accessory - Costumes Inc

Super Streak Shag Wig - Vampire Costume Wig - 25% OFF SALE ITEM - Costumes Inc

The retroscopefashions link is great, thanks for posting that! They have some awesome clothes that gave me some great ideas. I'll have to start an OT fund just for my costume!!

As for your costume, I like the 3rd coat choice. I love the way the hem hangs in the back, and the buckle detail (maybe I do like metal :rolleyes:) Your costume is always fabulous, I can't wait to see the finished product!!

· Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,931 Posts
OK, here's the front runner for the outfit for my vampire costume this year. Decided to go a little Goth/Victorian (I guess you could call it). The jacket has lapels, collar, cuffs and back insert of "blood-red" taffeta, and corset-type lacing up the back. The skirt is just a basic black long skirt, but I like the Victorian feel of the ruffles without a bustle. ('Cause my bustle doesn't need to be made ANY bigger, if you catch my drift! ;) )

Jacket front:

http://www.gloomth.com/images/IMGP7699.jpg

and back:

http://www.gloomth.com/images/IMGP7703.jpg

Skirt:

http://www.gloomth.com/images/glupdate_15_.jpg

And how it looks together:

http://www.gloomth.com/images/107.jpg

I found a tutorial on You-Tube where a woman makes the 'dark circles' under and around her eyes from a red eyeshadow, and uses red glitter on the lids...I'm not describing it very well, but it looks good on. Here's the link if you'd like to see. Note: PLEASE pay no attention to this person's idea of 'fangs'....you'll see what I mean if you watch it.....:eek:

The questions I have for you guys are:

What kind of shoes? Clunky Goth? Boots? High heels? Flats?

What kind of hair? My own silver color, or a black long wig, or a black and red as shown in the picture of the complete outfit?

And I am really set on getting contacts. Would blood-red contacts be too much red? Or would the "LeStat" type of pale pale blue be better? I'm so excited to start collecting the pieces and see how they look. Let me know what you think!!

Thanks!!!

· Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,931 Posts
And this morning I realized that I sort of horned in here on Freak's thread....and now I'm embarrassed :eek:.

Forgive me Freak, and thanks to all for your input!

· Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,931 Posts
Yep, the teeth really ruined the effect, didn't they? :rolleyes: But I still like the basic idea of the reddened area around the eye instead of the traditional grey/black. Kind of like your brown shading, Freak. And I think the red glitter eyelids just ROCK.

Mandathewitch, your friend's makeup was gorgeous, very well done. Thanks for the picture.

· Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,931 Posts
MM: That makeup would be KILLER on you!! :D

Freak: You're right...I even bought a Springsteen t-shirt while I was there!

How do you guys think these shoes would look with the outfit I've planned?

2 3/4" Goth High Heel, Goblin-02 - $37.99 - At DimOutShoes.com

And I talked with my hairdresser the other day about dying my hair black with red streaks. Wigs are hot. We'll see.

· Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,931 Posts
MM, that is a great makeup look. I love the black and red lips, and have already checked the website for Obsessive Compulsive makeup...it is not at all expensive. Thanks for the post!!

· Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,931 Posts
Maybe I sould just leave my hair alone, it's silver!!! I think that white would be awesome, I kind of had a vision of Billy Idol when I read that!!

No, hallo, I haven't decided whether I'm dyeing or wearing a wig, but I still want the black and red combo. I'll keep you posted.

· Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,931 Posts
***APPLAUSE APPLAUSE***

Again, you prove why you are my go-to-guy for all things vamp!!

The pants, the hat, the makeup...all are spectacular. Boots, too, just the PERFECT shape, size, etc.

I need to start makeup trials, and I still haven't gotten my contacts yet. :rolleyes:

Better get on the stick. :eek:

· Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,931 Posts
GD you should also start a Facebook fan page.

Hooch, good to know about the beer. Was going to play it safe and just drink vodka, but good to know I can drink beer too. Will have the vodka first though, coat the stomach ;)

I can't stop putting in the fangs whenever I just see them sitting there, they're so much fun!

LOL!! I would wear mine every day if I could! Couldn't you just see my patients in the ED?? I come in the room, big smile.....:eek::eek::eek:

· Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,931 Posts
So the tailor called Friday and the alterations on my skirt are done, I can pick it up Monday, so excited.

AND: please pay no attention to the lack of makeup, but I just had to show off my new contacts:

They feel great even though I have never worns contacts before.
Thanks for the link to GDfreak, who is the MASTER of all things vamp.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.