Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!

My theme this year will be a Vampire cave (with some luck in my own bar, yay).

I want to have the same vibe as in the movie Underworld part I; decadent, dark and stylish.

The problem is that I kind of get stuck when it comes to decorating and refining the theme...

What else to do than putting up big chandeleers, velvet drapes and stuff like that?

Could anyone help me out on this department?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ah...I just figured out something really obvious...it's night time on your side of the world, isn't it? ;)

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Give them time to have their coffee :D

you should make a coffin bar to fit your theme!

MsM
*uit groningen*

·
Registered
218 Posts
Wrap your walls in black plastic maybe. Velvet drapes would be nice. Lots of wrought iron candelabras, etc. I'm doing a glitzy vampire theme upstairs this year and am excited bout all the stuff out now. Really cool red punch recipe on the witches brew thread that looks awesome.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx guys! True, I was thinking loads of velvet drapes, big candleholders, absinth would also do good... but a coffin, if definately thought of that; but would be quite expensive... :(
And then..well I run out of ideas...

·
Registered
315 Posts
I would suggest a various assortment of candles. Pewter or silver charger plates strategically placed around the room with various objects placed upon them that a vamp would keep laying around (old books,skull or two and some trinket boxes ) reclining pillows in some tapestries & velvets with fringes . Lots of swags of material over simple objects do wonders (example mirrors I would swag black sheer material over it < I know vamps do not have reflections but they still are vain creatures );)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Briliant! I could work on a mirror that doesn't reflect them!!! of course! A photo-image of the background, so that they don't see themselves when they get in front of it! Wonderful, thanx! (I know that isn't what you suggested, but it helped get me there!)

I think indeed what will work best is make it look chique, professional, decadent, like it would look like in a movie; not try to put up to much standard Hallowe'en decorations (I'll miss them!), perhaps drinks in expensive looking glasses that look like blood? Bloody Mary...? Yay, this works, my brain is finally starting to work! There's something magic to this site!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Martha Stewart has a template for some coffin-shaped tables I thought were very cool. We just have nowhere to put them.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great! But I don't seem to be able to figure out how to look things up on this site.. :) Could anyone explain me where to find the search button?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts